zxchat installed and enabled at the COS level but I see no chat on the web client

Thread: zxchat installed and enabled at the COS level but I see no chat on the web client

zxchat installed and enabled at the COS level but I see no chat on the web client

zxsuite chat getServerStatus

server_status running
    active_users_count 0
    active_sessions_count 0
    DB_version 4
    chat_server_version 0.55

zxsuite core getVersion

zextras_version 1.8.5
    zextras_target 8.0.3
    zextras_commit 342e899bf387fa5838398b740778df74c3421ebc
    zextras_lib_version 1.0.0
    zextras_lib_commit 89f36f8fd5f62c88af9aad4355aa7688f96658b0

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Dayala,
    welcome to the forums!

Could you please clear the server's Zimlet cache (running `zmprov fc zimlet` as the zimbra user) and execute the following steps as described at Announcements - ZxChat in order to help us identify the issue?

ZXCHAT - ZxChat client issues
    When reporting an issue related to the ZxChat "client" (the ZxChat Zimlet used by the users) always specify the browser in use.

Also, always check for exceptions in the page:
    - Log into the Zimbra Web Client adding "?dev=1" after the URL of your server (e.g. https://mail.example.com/?dev=1).
    - Verify if the issue still occours. If not, clearing the browser's cache should solve the issue permanently.
    - If the issue persists, open your browser's debug tool: the "Javascript Console" in Google Chrome or the "Firebug" add-on for Firefox.
    - Reload the Zimbra Web Client (always with the ?dev=1 particle) and search for any error or exception in the debug tool's console (last tab in the Javascript Console, first tab in Firebug).
    - Include the complete error or exception in your bug report.
    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi dayala,

I would like to add a tip: it is important to make sure that there are no changes in the tab Zimlets at the user level, because in this case the COS settings are not effective.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Dayala,
    welcome to the forums!

Could you please clear the server's Zimlet cache (running `zmprov fc zimlet` as the zimbra user) and execute the following steps as described at Announcements - ZxChat in order to help us identify the issue?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Cine,

Unfortunately there's not much to report. Its a clean install of Zimbra NE 8.0.3 with two domains. It is a Multi-Server install with:

2 LDAP Servers
    2 Mailbox Servers
    2 MTA Servers

I installed the latest zxetras suite (1.8.5) on the first mailbox server. When installing it also pushed the zimlets to the second mailbox server.
    I manually ram zmzimletctl to add the com_zextras_zextras zimlet to the COS, thus enabling it on the admin console. I saw that all mailboxes in the COS now have the zxchat zimlet active but when I log-in to the web client, there's no chat window anywhere and no errors either.
    I cleared the browsers cache, even used another browser for the first time and nothing.

Logged in with the ?dev=1 and there are no errors whatsoever.
    This is the only message found in the Firebug console:

Non-standard document.all property was used. Use W3C standard document.getElementById() instead.
    https://mail.qsipr.com/?dev=1#1
    Line 2057

Checked the mailbox.log and no errors either.

I can give you SSH access if you like.

Regards,

Dennis

Cine:

Tonight, I logged into the Admin Console and accessed the ZeXtras section and got a javascript error when selecting any of the mailbox servers:

JavaScript error encountered in method ZaOverviewPanelController.prototype._overviewTreeL istener
    fileName: https://mail.qsipr.com:7071/service/...v=130305094015 lineNumber: 10090 columnNumber: 0

I was able to go through and re-deployed the zxchat zimlet on each mailbox server from the ZeXtras @ the admin console, refreshed the browser and violá, the chat client now shows up. The Javascript error still exists but the application is now working.

Regards,

Dennis
    Last edited by dayala; 05-14-2013 at 04:25 AM.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dayala View Post
    Cine:

Tonight, I logged into the Admin Console and accessed the ZeXtras section and got a javascript error when selecting any of the mailbox servers:

JavaScript error encountered in method ZaOverviewPanelController.prototype._overviewTreeL istener
    fileName: https://mail.qsipr.com:7071/service/...v=130305094015 lineNumber: 10090 columnNumber: 0

I was able to go through and re-deployed the zxchat zimlet on each mailbox server from the ZeXtras @ the admin console, refreshed the browser and violá, the chat client now shows up. The Javascript error still exists but the application is now working.

Regards,

Dennis
    Hello Dennis!

In order to identify the issue, could you please log into the Zimbra Administration console adding "?dev=1" at the end of the URL and let let us know the new error message?

Have a nice day,
    Cine