ZeXtras Suite 1.8.2 not working in zimbra 8.0.3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZeXtras Suite 1.8.2 not working in zimbra 8.0.3

ZeXtras Suite 1.8.2 not working in zimbra 8.0.3

After upgrade to zimbra 8.0.3 on Centos 6.3 chat stoped working.

After login to client I et massage that chat is not installed.

Issuing "zxsuite chat getServerStatus" results in message "error: Unable to communicate with server" and also "zxsuite chat server start" results the same "error: Unable to communicate with server".

Could you please fix this bug asas.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello mkazmierczyk!

No current ZeXtras Suite version can be used on Zimbra 8.0.3.
    ZeXtras Suite 1.8.3, which will support both Zimbra 8.0.3 and Zimbra 7.2.3 will be released within the next 36 hours.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

p.s.: I changed the title of the thread as it could be misleading
    Last edited by Cine; 03-13-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Goodmorning Cine,
    I think that the 36 hours period it's over. I really need to enable my mobile devices so I have to decide whether or not to downgrade ZCS to version 7.1.3. Are you going to deliver 1.8.3 shortly?

BR,
    Dario

Senior Member Known ZeXtras Reseller
    Similar situation as rolling out a new client today and the ZCS installation is on 8.0.3. Will 1.8.3 be available before noon today ? otherwise will need to re-install on 8.0.2

Sorry for the delay guys, some additional testing was needed and we had to delay the release a bit...

I'm confident the package will be available before noon, we're building it now and after some QC we'll start the release process.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Thank you for the update Cine.

Hello everybody!

ZeXtras Suite 1.8.3 is available for download at http://www.zextras.com/zextras-download-for-zimbra.html

Enjoy!

I upgraded to Zimbra 8.0.3 today and also applied the 1.8.3 zextras update. I've installed and enabled the zxchat zimlet and it appears to be working, however, when I am logged into zimbra I don't see the option for ZXChat. My assitant sees it just fine.....any ideas on where to start?

Do you have different CoS in operation ? perhaps the Zimlet has not been enabled in your CoS. Are you viewing your email from a pre-auth session from the Zimbra Admin interface ?

Quote Originally Posted by leep75 View Post
    I upgraded to Zimbra 8.0.3 today and also applied the 1.8.3 zextras update. I've installed and enabled the zxchat zimlet and it appears to be working, however, when I am logged into zimbra I don't see the option for ZXChat. My assitant sees it just fine.....any ideas on where to start?
    Hello leep75!

I suggest you to try accessing the Zimbra Web Client in Developer Mode adding "?dev=1" at the end of the URL (e.g.: https://mail.domain.com/?dev=1). If the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet correctly shows up this way then it's probably a cache issue. Emptying your browser's cache should do the trick. If not, please post any error that is displayed in the Developer Tools of your browser while in dev mode.

Also, remember that the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet is not available when using the "View Mail" feature and when logging into a System Resource or Calendar Resource account...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Last edited by Cine; 03-25-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast