problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problems

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hi mkazmierczyk,

looks like a deeper investigation is needed in order to understand what could have caused this issue.

The error occurs when saving messages in history, it looks like someone sent a troublesome chat message around 22.02.2013. To see all unsaved/undelivered messages just run this command as the zimbra user:
    Code:
    zxsuite chat doDBSelect tables MESSAGES

Feel free to send us the output of this command (and a zip archive containing the whole "zxchat/" folder if you could) via e-mail to community@zextras.com.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    If I issue above comand as zimbra user it doesn't return any results and hangs until I cancel it (using Ctrl+c). I tried two times and no result even after few hours.

You wrote:
    it looks like someone sent a troublesome chat message around 22.02.2013
    but there are many similar StackOverflow error, so it seems that it ocures everytime any user chat history is about to save.

Are there any private information inside zxchat folder ? Maybe it would be better if I sent you some specific files ?

Regarding current StackOverflow issue should I still clear zxChat database ?

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by mkazmierczyk View Post
    ...but there are many similar StackOverflow error, so it seems that it ocures everytime any user chat history is about to save.
    Hi mkazmierczyk, you are right, you have found a bug in the save chat history process. Would be very useful to know the start of the error loop, I mean the bottom lines in the stackoverflow error, the lines with the zextras functions.

Are there any private information inside zxchat folder? Maybe it would be better if I sent you some specific files?
    The zxchat folder is a simple DB, used by chat core module as temporary store of all messages sent by users before saving them in chat history, so the folder contains all unsaved messages (you know if they could be private) since 22.02.2013 but it contains also the message that cause the problem (very useful for us).

Regarding current StackOverflow issue should I still clear zxChat database?
    It is the only way to get working your chat server. If you choose to send us your chat DB (zxchat folder) we can sanitize it by the weird message that cause the stackOverflow error and send back it clear.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi mkazmierczyk, you are right, you have found a bug in the save chat history process. Would be very useful to know the start of the error loop, I mean the bottom lines in the stackoverflow error, the lines with the zextras functions.

The zxchat folder is a simple DB, used by chat core module as temporary store of all messages sent by users before saving them in chat history, so the folder contains all unsaved messages (you know if they could be private) since 22.02.2013 but it contains also the message that cause the problem (very useful for us).

It is the only way to get working your chat server. If you choose to send us your chat DB (zxchat folder) we can sanitize it by the weird message that cause the stackOverflow error and send back it clear.

D0s0n
    I re created chat DB and now almost everything is fine. I mean hostory is correctly saved and hyperlinks work.

The last problem that persist is writing delay. When i type sth and press enter it takes 5- few seconds befoere massage show up in chat window. This as I mentioned in previous posts breaks all ocnversations into pieces.

My mailbox.log rotated but I try to extract information you need from backup. I send it to you asap.

Regards,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12