installed fine but no chat area anywhere
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: installed fine but no chat area anywhere

installed fine but no chat area anywhere

i installed the latest version today of zextras suite & deployed chat & grant it for all COSs & activated it for myself. i dont see a chat area or pane or anything. every user sees "Zxchat disabled for delegated admins or resource accounts" for about 5 sec at the top upon login. none of these are either of those types of accts. these are actual users.

what am i failing to activate, configure, etc to get chat working?

zimbra 8.0.2 on ubuntu 10.04.

i have hunted the wiki, forum, google, etc to no avail! pls help.

Hi mowglie and welcome to the forums.

I think there is a little misunderstanding caused by the error message "Zxchat disabled for delegated admins or resource accounts". We have already change this message in "ZxChat Zimlet is disabled for delegated access or resource accounts".

Have you tried to log-in on your user accounts without using the ViewMail feature?

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

same situation!
    what is a "view mail" feature?
    all the same!!!

my tech:
    zimbra 8.0.2 on ubuntu 10.04
    zxsuite in ADM cosole - 1.8.1
    chat - 1.0.3

in user account
    core version - 0.50
    zimlet version - 1.0.3

zimbra@mail:~$ zxsuite chat getserverstatus

server_status running
    active_users_count 0
    active_sessions_count 0
    DB_version 4

thanks for new adventures with yours products.....

Hi amigo and welcome to the forums.

With "viewMail" feature I mean the button on the administration console that admin can use to access to the all users mailbox. Using this access mode, the chat zimlet is disabled and a message warning is displayed. Have you tried to login in a mailbox with username and password?
    Let me know if I guessed it!

D0s0n

thanks its works.

some clients received this messages:
    and user cant add friends.
    what this means?

method: [unknown]
    msg: permission denied: can not modify options
    code: service.PERM_DENIED
    detail: soap:Sender
    trace: qtp1635701107-172:https://78.78.78.78:443/service/soap...685a1bc347ef66
    request: <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Header><context xmlns="urn:zimbra"><userAgent xmlns="" name="ZimbraWebClient - IE9 (Win)" version="8.0.2_GA_5569"/><session xmlns="" id="110"/><account xmlns="" by="name">name@domain.com</account><format xmlns="" type="js"/></context></soap:Header><soap:Body><ModifyPrefsRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraAccount"><pref xmlns="" name="zimbraPrefIMHideOfflineBuddies">FALSE</pref></ModifyPrefsRequest></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

bud
    ZeXtras Developer and Zimlet King ZeXtras Employee bud's Avatar

Talking

Hi amig0,
    about this error:
    Quote Originally Posted by amig0 View Post
    trace: [...some stuff...]
    I can confirm that the error are made by ZxChat Zimlet. Probably this error breaks the Zimlet routines, so as result the user can't add friends (and probably can't do other things).

I have made a patched version for you that should resolve the issue, you can download the package from http://www.zextras.com/download/zext...03-patched.tgz and install it as a normal ZeXtras Chat package.
    After installing it remember to flush the zimlet cache with the command:
    Code:
    zmprov fc all
    Any feedback will be really appreciated.

Have a nice day
    bud
    the ZeXtras Team

tested, and received new messages:
    have a hope repair it?

trace: qtp1635701107-1806:https://32.32.32.32:443/service/soap...685a1bc347ef66
    request: <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Header><context xmlns="urn:zimbra"><userAgent xmlns="" name="ZimbraWebClient - IE9 (Win)" version="8.0.2_GA_5569"/><session xmlns="" id="120"/><account xmlns="" by="name">user@domain.com</account><format xmlns="" type="js"/></context></soap:Header><soap:Body><ModifyPrefsRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraAccount"><pref xmlns="" name="zimbraPrefIMHideBlockedBuddies">FALSE</pref></ModifyPrefsRequest></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

AmiG0
    Last edited by Cine; 03-04-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Inappropriate "Signature" removed

Hi AmiG0,

this seems to be only a browser cache problem, so you need to clear it. A way to exclude any cache issue you could add the "&dev=1" string to your access url https://your.server/zimbra/?dev=1
    To add more info, the PERM_DENIED error is caused by the absence of the "preference" tab, so zxchat now checks the presence of that tab to avoid the error.

D0s0n

clear cache, use this url https://your.server/zimbra/?dev=1
    another browser,
    and all the same ):

AmiG0
    Last edited by Cine; 03-04-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Inappropriate "Signature" removed

uhmmm, it's weird...

In dev mode you should be able to see all zimlet sources using a javascript developer tool (F12 in Chrome or Firebug in Firefox) so you can check the file named ZxChatPreferenceManager.js where Bud has added an "if" statement:
    Code:
    $ diff -r orig/js/ZxChatPreferenceManager.js patch/js/ZxChatPreferenceManager.js
    513c513,515
    <   appCtxt.getSettings().save([setting], null, null, appCtxt.getActiveAccount(), true);
    ---
    >   if (ZmApp.ENABLED_APPS[ZmApp.PREFERENCES]) {
    >     appCtxt.getSettings().save([setting], null, null, appCtxt.getActiveAccount(), true);
    >   }
    If you can find this statement, the client or server cache problem are solved otherwise you need to try some other ways:
    • zmprov fc zimlet
    • completely undeploy and re-deploy the new zimlet
    • ...and last resource restart the mailboxd service with "zmmailboxdctl restart"

Just one last thing, I need a confirmation: Have you disabled "Preferences" tab of your users?
    If you re-activate it with command "zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraFeatureOptionsEnabled TRUE", do you solve the issue?

D0s0n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast