ZxChat and old zimbra verdion

Thread: ZxChat and old zimbra verdion

ZxChat and old zimbra verdion

Hi all, i use an old 7.1.4 zimbra version, i know that the zxchat zimlet is not ufficuially supported but i wanna know if someone use it whit this relase whitouth problem...if i enable the zimlet i can disable it in case of problem?

Thanks!

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blissard View Post
    Hi all, i use an old 7.1.4 zimbra version, i know that the zxchat zimlet is not ufficuially supported
    Hi blissard!
    I'm replying to this thread as a ZeXtras user and not as a ZeXtras employee - as you correctly said, no official support on this

but i wanna know if someone use it whit this relase whitouth problem...
    I do! I run more than a couple of 7.x (7.1.4 to 7.2.2) servers and the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet works very well with Chrome and Firefox (never tried on IE). Never had any server-side issue, just remember to disable zimbra's own IM features before enabling the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet as having both could cause some overlapping and a nice bit of confusion in your users.

if i enable the zimlet i can disable it in case of problem?
    Absolutely yes...
    I suggest you to create a test Class of Service on which you can enable the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet, then add a couple of users to the COS and let them use the chat for a couple of days... If they don't report any issue then switch them back to the original COS and enable the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet on any COS you need.

Thanks!
    You're welcome!