chat problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chat problems

chat problems

I have Zimbra 8.0.2 on Centos 6.3.

ZXSuite 1.6.5 and Zimlet 0.98 and:

- after sending invitation and its acceptance the status of friend remain "invited to chat" and "waiting for acceptance" until zimbra client is restarted (I mean logoff and login),
    - despite beaing avaiable user is seen as unavaiable and othere users cannot start chat with him (I must add that this situation doesn not happen to all user but for some randomize ones), sometimes it helps to change status from eg. Available to Busy and then to Available,
    - after starting chat with some users and typing massage, it is send to recipent who can see it but it doesn't show in sender's chat window
    - in above case communication seems to be unidirectional

I be glad for quick ansewer what can be wrong. My user are really looking forward for this chat feature.

Regards,

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello mkazmierczyk!

That's a very strange behaviour...
    Can you please check the "ZxChat" section of the "Preferences" tab in the Zimbra Web Client and tell me what Core Version and Zimlet Version are displayed?

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Core 0.2
    Zimlet 0.98

For me it also seems strange. I do hope we manage to figure out sth.

Regards,

In addition:

I chat history I can see what I wrote to other user but during writing nothing shows up in chat window.

Hi mkazmierczyk,
    the problem seems to be related to your zxchat core version (0.2), it should be version 0.3. I suggest you to re-download the zextras suite 1.6.5 and re-install it.

Then, let me know the outbut of this cli command as zimbra user:
    Code:
    zimbra@mail:~$ zxsuite chat  getServerStatus
    It should be like this:
    Code:
            server_status                                       running
            active_users_count                                  2
            active_sessions_count                               2
            DB_version                                          3
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Below is result of command issued after re-downloading and reinstalation of zxSuite 1.6.5 as you requested. Command was issued with two users logged on, what as you can see is not reflected in "active_users_count".

Code:
    zxsuite chat  getServerStatus

server_status                                       running
            active_users_count                                   0
            active_sessions_count                               0
            DB_version                                               3
    What is more from Properties-->ZxChat in Zimbra Client I can still see that Core is 0.2 and Zimlet is 0.98. Moreover logged on user has its status set as Available but or othere user its status in chat window is Offline.

Regards,

bud
    ZeXtras Developer and Zimlet King ZeXtras Employee bud's Avatar
    Hi mkazmierczyk,

it seems the client lost the connection for some reason, we need to investigate with you about it.

You need to enter into the develpment mode, adding ?dev=1 to your server url, to be like this:
    Code:
    https://mail.example.com/?dev=1
    Into the browser please go into the developer tools (for example pressing F12 on Google Chrome) and find the console (for example, pressing ESC into Chrome).
    If there are any errors or exceptions, you can find them in a red dot in the right botttom corner of the developer screen, pressing on the red icon, you will see the errors details.

Please report them

See you soon
    bud
    The ZeXtras Team

Hi,

Code:
    Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'linkify' /service/zimlet/res/Zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz?language=pl&country=PL&cosId=998b69c5-caa9-42ca-bc85-a71c69552e52:10726
    Above is what I managed to find.

I have one more issue. Since upgrade to 8.0.2 I experience hige server CPU load caused by java process even if noone is logged in. On Zimbra forum I have found other posts describing similiar issues and users sugest there that they may be related to ZxChat or Suite. I can add that all people raporting high cpu usage in mentioned postsa also have ZXtras installed. Do you know sth about it ?

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by mkazmierczyk View Post
    I have one more issue. Since upgrade to 8.0.2 I experience hige server CPU load caused by java process even if noone is logged in. On Zimbra forum I have found other posts describing similiar issues and users sugest there that they may be related to ZxChat or Suite. I can add that all people raporting high cpu usage in mentioned postsa also have ZXtras installed. Do you know sth about it?
    I can assure you that there is no problem on cpu load related to zextras, but if you want to test it yourself is enough to try to remove zextras for a few days, the problem will recur with the same frequency.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

bud
    ZeXtras Developer and Zimlet King ZeXtras Employee bud's Avatar
    Hi mkazmierczyk,
    Quote Originally Posted by mkazmierczyk View Post
    Code:
    [...] /service/zimlet/res/Zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz [...]
    As i can see you are not using ?dev=1 mode.
    All i can say is that is something regards a library which we are using, but we need to go little deeper.
    Please add ?dev=1 to the url into the broser, with this parameter we can have more precious informations.

Using this parameter you can send us the exactly row into the right file and the output will be more like this:
    Code:
    Uncaught TypeError: Object [object ZxSomething] has no method 'linkify' /service/zimlet/ZxChatSomething:234
    Thankyou for you help
    bud
    The ZeXtras team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast