ZxChat History

Thread: ZxChat History

ZxChat History

Hello,

I have just installed the chat plugin and look promising.
    I'm just wondering how the history is managed, where is saved and maintained for how long and if those settings are user managed settings.
    (if implemented) I would like to educate the user to use the chat as replacement for the "unnecessary" mail that are kept forever (tipical are: invitation to happy hour, where going today for lunch, holiday greetings, etc) but i don't want to save the history for too long..... let's say 10 days

What you think?

Regards
    Davide

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Davide!

The chat history is saved in the "/Chats" folder 2 minutes after the user logs out from the Zimbra Web Client - even if the browser window is closed, it doesn't need to strictly be a "Log Out".
    If you are running Zimbra 8.x you can access the chat history by searching for "in:/Chats". I suggest to save this search or even to add this as a saved search to all of your users through a Zimbra CLI script.

Right now there is no chat history purging, but this is a feature we might add in the future according to user feedback.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

i've just installed my zimbra 8 open source and zextas chat and will migrate to it when it's ready. i cannot find the chat folder for the history you mentioned? what shoul i do? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heiituaku View Post
    i've just installed my zimbra 8 open source and zextas chat and will migrate to it when it's ready. i cannot find the chat folder for the history you mentioned? what shoul i do? thanks
    Hello heiituaku,
    welcome to the forums!

The folder search I suggested in my previous post is correct indeed, if the search itself does not give any results it means that the chat history is empty...
    We found and solved a bug that in some cases prevented the Chat History to be saved, I suggest you to wait until the release of version 1.03 of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet, update and then check again...

Have a nice day,
    Cine

A small update: the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet will be released soon after ZeXtras Suite 1.8.1 and will require such version to function.

Also, the "Chats" folders will be made visible on Zimbra 8, meaning that you won't need to run the "in:Chats" search anymore

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

thanks. find it trough search is fine for me.