Chat and users on multiple mailboxes within one LDAP directory

Thread: Chat and users on multiple mailboxes within one LDAP directory

j2b

Chat and users on multiple mailboxes within one LDAP directory

I decided to try out chat module and zimlet. Successfully deployed, and tried to add contacts - without success. Zimbra v8.0.1, zeXtras suite v1.6.4. I use multiserver installation with one Zimbra LDAP server (master) and several slave servers. Currently on this test, there were 2 users under the same domain. One user was on mailbox1, the other - on mailbox2. When tried to add contact in Chat sidebar, error was received, after adding e-mail address and nickname. Explanation, there are no such user on this mailbox server.

Is multi-mailbox server system supported for chat module, or I am missing some pieces from configuration?

Servers are on the same subnet, so no firewall issues would be relevant in this test case.

Thank you for your replies.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello j2b,
    welcome to the forums!

Multi-mailboxd setups are not fully supported yet, as users in such environments can only add to their contacts other users within the same mailbox server.
    This will be fixed within the release of version 1.0 of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

j2b
    Thank you, Cine, for your reply. Already suspected this, as XMPP service is not deployed yet, according to other posts regarding Chat module.