ZeXtras Suite Required?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ZeXtras Suite Required?

  1. #1
    jkg
    jkg is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1

    ZeXtras Suite Required?

    Came across this after a ZCS 8 upgrade and realized the chat feature was removed. This look very promising as a replacement but I noticed that it's being labeled as a module. Does that mean that the ZxChat requires the ZeXtras suite to be used and it can't be installed independently?

  2. #2
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,364
    Hello jkg,
    welcome to the forums!

    The ZeXtras Chat module is a free included in ZeXtras Suite and it is not available as a separate package.
    ZxChat is a free module, so no active license will be required to use ZeXtras Chat. The module will still remain available and 100% functional after the Trial period is expired.

    Have a nice day,
    Cine

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello jkg,
    welcome to the forums!

    The ZeXtras Chat module is a free included in ZeXtras Suite and it is not available as a separate package.
    ZxChat is a free module, so no active license will be required to use ZeXtras Chat. The module will still remain available and 100% functional after the Trial period is expired.

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Hello
    For me, this is a "free" zxchat module the user is only about 1,800 would cost me $ 7800, which is really "free" is. How to get FREE zxchat module?

  4. #4
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by pillerk View Post
    Hello
    For me, this is a "free" zxchat module the user is only about 1,800 would cost me $ 7800, which is really "free" is. How to get FREE zxchat module?
    Hello pillerk,
    welcome to the forums.

    I'm sorry, but I fail to see the point of your post...
    As specified in my previous post the ZeXtras Chat module does not require an active ZeXtras Suite license, so you can just download the ZeXtras Suite package from the website, install it, and keep using the ZeXtras Chat module even after the 30-days trial for the other modules is expired...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello pillerk,
    welcome to the forums.

    I'm sorry, but I fail to see the point of your post...
    As specified in my previous post the ZeXtras Chat module does not require an active ZeXtras Suite license, so you can just download the ZeXtras Suite package from the website, install it, and keep using the ZeXtras Chat module even after the 30-days trial for the other modules is expired...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Thank you for your answer
    I downloaded and installed Version 1.6.3 zextas suite Zimbra Server 8.0.1 opensource, but I can not find the chat module. How to activate the chat module? IM me only the functionality necessary

  6. #6
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,364
    Hello pillerk,

    the ZeXtras Chat module is currently in Beta and has not yet been released to the public.

    If you wish to apply as a Betatester for the module, please send an email to community@zextras.com including the [ZxChat Beta] tag in the subject and specifying your forum username and Zimbra version. You will receive all due instructions on how to download the beta package and activate the ZeXtras Chat module.


    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Last edited by Cine; 11-26-2012 at 11:22 AM.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    bonjour moi j'ai zimbra 8.0.0_GA_5434.FOSS j'aimerai savoir si il est pris en compte merci

  8. #8
    bud
    bud is offline
    ZeXtras Developer and Zimlet King ZeXtras Employee bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    71
    Hi sansan,

    The response is YES!

    ZxChat is designed specifically for Zimbra 8, take a look at http://www.zextras.com/zextras-chat-for-zimbra.html for more informations, or
    News and Announcements thread for news and updates

    Have a nice day
    bud
    The ZeXtras Team

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •