ZxChat Feedback (VOIP integration)

Thread: ZxChat Feedback (VOIP integration)

ZxChat Feedback (VOIP integration)

Hello Everyone,
    This will be very nice set of features, can't wait and see Zxchat option in action. For voip integration will be nice to see Asterisk as back ended. Use of Asterisk API give flexible set features.

Excellent work.

Thank you.

Asterisk integration would be very cool!

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Slava and 50asm,
    welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your feedback, the managment is always monitoring the forums and I know they noticed your interest in Asterisk integration. I know for sure that this is a feature that we're going to consider, albeit not for the first release.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

p.s.: I renamed the post in order to give a better description of the content, so anyone wishing to discuss VOIP integration within ZxChat can clearly identify the thread

Cool Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Slava and 50asm,
    welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your feedback, the managment is always monitoring the forums and I know they noticed your interest in Asterisk integration. I know for sure that this is a feature that we're going to consider, albeit not for the first release.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

p.s.: I renamed the post in order to give a better description of the content, so anyone wishing to discuss VOIP integration within ZxChat can clearly identify the thread
    Very cool! We will be counting the days! Any idea when you anticipate releasing the first version?

Quote Originally Posted by 50asm View Post
    Very cool! We will be counting the days! Any idea when you anticipate releasing the first version?
    Hello 50asm,

the ZeXtras Chat module will be available soon, I'll make an educated guess and say within a couple of weeks.

Stay tuned with the new release announcements, as there will be an "invitation" beta for the module

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hi,

Is it possible to use your chat client module with a different XMPP server?

We already have a XMPP jabber server, and we will still use it. But, if it is possible, we will use the client inside Zimbra.

Thanks

Hello tnnet,

while integration with external XMPP servers is one of the planned features for ZeXtras Chat, it won't be available in the first release of the module (I mean server-level integration, the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet will only be able to interoperate with the ZeXtras Chat core).
    Stay tuned on the forums and on our Facebook/Twitter pages to always be up to date with the latest ZeXtras news, including new features such as this one!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Last edited by Cine; 11-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.

I would like to add another vote for Asterisk integration please.

I have tried using the Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet from the Zimlet Gallery without success but that does not appear to have been updated since 2010.

Regards

Stuart

We are also running Asterisk for our corporate PBX, and would love to see some Zimbra integration for it.