Reducing chat window in v2.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reducing chat window in v2.1

Member ZeXtras Reseller

Reducing chat window in v2.1

There is no more window button "-" to reduce the chat window, but this is still possible clicking on the right of the name person.

Why this window button disappeared ?
    Is it possible to display again this button ?

Just click on the title bar, it does the same thing.

Member ZeXtras Reseller
    As i said, it is possible to reduce the chat window by double-clicking at the right of the name (on the title bar).
    But when the name is so long, it is not possible...

That's why i ask the "-" button on the title bar of the chat window.

I don't know what double-clicking at the right of the name is or how that is called the title bar. See the attached image here. Click on the title bar between the word "Chat" and the ellipses to the right side (where the mouse pointer is shown). The ZxChat window will minimize and if you click at the same spot again when it is minimized it will "restore". This works the same way for chat windows with others. I can't show you the chat window because of my other problem I just reported.

Image 1.png
    Last edited by dsiminiuk; 11-02-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Member ZeXtras Reseller
    You're right, only one clic to reduce the window.

But, you talk to me about main window and i talk to you about conversation window.

My issue is on conversation chat window. When name of contact is long, it's difficult to reduce this window.

Like I said, my chat is broken so I can't show you the chat window, but it works the same way.

If your buddy names are too long for your liking why not just rename them?

Member ZeXtras Reseller
    Yes, it's a solution to rename them...
    Otherwise, it could be better that the name be clicable to reduce the window.

Sorry for your issue, i can't say more.
    Hoping anyone else will be able to help you.

Does clicking on the title bar at the top of the chat window not minimize it?

Member ZeXtras Reseller
    No, only very near the name on the right

I fixed my chat issue and tested your scenario. My buddy names are short so there is plenty of space between the end of the buddy name and the ellipses to the right. When I click in the empty space between the buddy name and the ellipses, the chat window does minimize, and restores as I previously described. If you have long buddy names then there is no space available to click and I suspect this is expected behavior and working as designed (so it is not a bug). If you can't shorten your buddy names then it would be an enhancement in ZxChat to be work they way you wish. You might want to open a ticket with ZeXtras on their support page as an enhancement request. I wouldn't expect support from ZeXtras on these forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast