Cannot make video calls: InvalidStateError: "setRemoteDescription not called"

Thread: Cannot make video calls: InvalidStateError: "setRemoteDescription not called"

Cannot make video calls: InvalidStateError: "setRemoteDescription not called"

Hi,
    I am testing zxchat 2.4.5 with zcs 8.7.3. Chat is working but not video calls. I understand that external users may not be able to use video calls because of webrtc requirements, but I am testing this with 2 laptops in the LAN (windows 7, firefox 51.0.1) connected to the same switch accessing the zimbra server in the DMZ. Theses laptops can access the internet through a (Squid) proxy.

I have tried to access the webmail using ?dev=1. When I start a video call, each members see only his own webcam and I get this exception in the debug console:
    Code:
    DOMException [InvalidStateError: "setRemoteDescription not called"] in com_zextras_chat_bundle.js:8191:30
    No error is displayed in /opt/zimbra/log/zxchat.log.
    Any advice?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mathieu
    Last edited by bud; 02-28-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Code formatted with proper tag

bud
    ZeXtras Developer and Zimlet King ZeXtras Employee bud's Avatar
    Hello mpeltier and welcome to ZeXtras Forums!

Thank You for your reporting about the WebRTC issue:
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeltier View Post
    Code:
    DOMException [InvalidStateError: "setRemoteDescription not called"] in com_zextras_chat_bundle.js:8191:30
    We have noticed a little change in the WebRTC API and our team is working on it, a fix is committed in our testing branch and will be delivered in the next release of the ZxChat Zimlet.
    Last edited by bud; 02-28-2017 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Code formatted with proper tag
    Have a nice day,
    bud
    The ZeXtras team

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. If it can help, I have tested video calls using google chrome 56.0.2924.87 in the same configuration. It does not work for me but I get another exception:
    Code:
    DomException: CreateAnswer can't be called before SetRemoteDescription in com_zextras_chat_bundle.js:8191
    Mathieu
    Last edited by bud; 02-28-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Code formatted with proper tag

bud
    ZeXtras Developer and Zimlet King ZeXtras Employee bud's Avatar

Wink

Thank You for the reporting
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeltier View Post
    I got another exception:
    Code:
      DomException: CreateAnswer can't be called before SetRemoteDescription in com_zextras_chat_bundle.js:8191
    Debugging WebRTC Issues is little tricky, the error You can see in Chrome is the same error shown in Firefox.
    I can confirm the fix for this (and other) WebRTC issue is pushed in the main branch and will be delivered in the next version of ZeXtras Chat Zimlet!
    Have a nice day,
    bud
    The ZeXtras team