ZxChat causing Browser Crash / Freeze

Thread: ZxChat causing Browser Crash / Freeze

ZxChat causing Browser Crash / Freeze

Hey there,

since we updated to the latest version of zxchat we are experiencing some weird problems. Some users recieve a emoji from their chat partner and suddenly their browser freezes. Those emojis like :thumbs_up: are not converted to the icon itself.

So when the user tries to login again the chat window keep plopping up and crashes / freezes the browser again. The only solution i have found so far is to login into the account that keeps crashing with FF on ubuntu (Version 42.0), while my browser asks me if i want to stop the script that does not respond anymore. So all i do is to press "Stop" and quit the chat window.

Do u have anyone else experiencing a problem like this? We had this issue so far on two different machines with different browsers. One with Windows 7 and Mozilla / Chrome and one with Mac OSX. It was an issue with the chat itself all the time, i guess i am just lucky, that my browser asks me if i want to stop the script causing the error.

Thanks in advance for ur help!

bud
    ZeXtras Developer and Zimlet King ZeXtras Employee bud's Avatar
    Hello DeweyRiley,

We have found this issue in the 1.33 version of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet. A fix was released in the 1.34.
    Which version of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet is deployed in your system.? I noticed now the post is submitted on 12-16 so I can assume you are using the 1.33.
    Please can You deploy the version with the fix (1.34) and verify if the issue is resolved?
    Have a nice day,
    bud
    The ZeXtras team