Chrome 45

Thread: Chrome 45

DiQ

Chrome 45

Win7_64
    Chrome 45.0.2454.85 m
    Zimbra 8.0.9
    ZxChat 1.19

Ok so I'm using an old version of chat here but it's the last version that supports opening dialogs in a separate window.

Chrome 45 has broken Zimbra 8.0.9 as described here

The fix offered there works for Zimbra by itself but if ZxChat is added the buddy list forces the rest of the page to the right:

normal.jpg

If sidebar is used then the following happens:

sidebar.jpg

I don't know if this is a problem for later versions of ZxChat but I thought I'd better raise this.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello DiQ!

I'm glad to inform you that we're going to release version 1.32 of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet, which will include a fix for the Chrome 45 bug without the downside you described!

The new zimlet is undergoing the very latest tests and will be online in less than a couple of hours, keep an eye on the "News and Announcements" forum for the announcement and changelog

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

DiQ
    That's good to hear, thanks!

Is there any chance that you could publish the patch so I can hack v1.19 ? We find "open in a separate window" very useful

Hello DiQ!

Unfortunately that's not an option: version 1.19 of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet has been released more than 1 year ago and it's not officially supported anymore, and the patch included in this release has been specifically written for it so a straight backport won't be possible...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

DiQ
    I can accept that 1.19 is no longer supported but what I am asking for is for the patch to 1.31 >1.32 to be released.

It could give me insight into fixing 1.19 myself

Hello DiQ!

I'm sorry but this is not possible, as each and every ZeXtras Suite, ZxMig and ZeXtras Chat Zimlet release is composed of a whole package of which parts of code are not disclosed or released separately.

I've brought your request to the attention of the higher ups but unfortunately the answer I've been given is final...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

DiQ
    Ok, thanks for trying

DiQ
    On my test VM I've updated Zimbra as described in the Zimbra Wiki

v1.19 of the chat zimlet works as expected however when I update to the latest v1.32 there's problems

In standard view the zimlet works as expected:

normal.jpg

However when sidebar view is chosen the zimlet becomes unusable. There's no zimlet displayed and all that's left is a grey are where it should be:

sidebar.jpg

I consider this to be quite a serious issue since once in sidebar view I can't get in back to standard view. I can disable the zimlet but even when I uninstall and reinstall it returns to sidebar and is unusable. I have cleared the zimlet and browser caches and restarted Zimbra. At the moment the only way I've found of returning it to the normal view is rolling back the VM.

Hello DiQ!

It seems that the fix described in the link you mentioned is not compatible with the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet, so rolling back such change and clearing the browser/server cache and restarting the mailboxd service should do the trick...

Future ZeXtras Chat Zimlet releases will be made compatible with both the "vanilla" and "fixed" CSS.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team