ZxChat 1.26 Emoji Problem // CSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZxChat 1.26 Emoji Problem // CSS

Question ZxChat 1.26 Emoji Problem // CSS

Hello,

we are currenty upgrading Zimbra from 7.2.7 to 8.5.1. While there is no IM integrated to Zimbra anymore we just checked Zextras. So we installed the latest Suite and latest ZxChat.

Downloaded Version von ZxChat is 1.23. Everything works fine except the possibility to use "Enter" to send Messages. When Upgrading to 1.26 (pressing Deploy in the Administration Panel) the Errors begin.

- Emoticons are not shown anymore. :smile: stays :smile: instead of being converted to the Emoji.
    - The Chat Window itself seems to be broken, while the "Senden" Button (it is translated to german), is outside the Chat Box.

Both things are working fine when we are using 1.23. Already tried to flush all caches, but still the same.

Any suggestions?

kind regards,
    Dewey

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello DeweyRiley,
    welcome to the forums!

The "Senden" button issue will be fixed as soon as possible, while I'd like more information about the emoji one...

Could you please:
    - Let me know which browsers are affected.
    - Chek your ZxChat preferences ("Gear" icon on the ZeXtras Chat main window, then "Preferences") and make sure that the at least first checkbox in the "Emoticons" tab is enabled.
    - Access the Zimbra WebClient in Dev Mode (by adding "?dev=1" at the end of the URL, e.g. https://mail.yourdomain.com/?dev=1) and check whether the issue still appears.

If not, the cause is most likely to be a cache issue, please clean both the browser's and server's cache again, while if the issue appears again even in Dev Mode, please check your browser's Javascript Console and report any error you can see there...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hey Cine,

thanks for the quick reply.

ZxChat preferences seem to be fine. Adding ?dev=1 made no difference.

As you mentioned the browser, i did some more testing. We are currently using FF ESR 31.6.0 on most of our workstations. I myself am using FF 37.0.1 at home and FF 36.01 on linux at work. While u mentioned browser"S" i tested the same thing on chrome. There was no CSS Error and the emoticons are also working fine... seems like it is a Firefox problem then. However i did not see the button icons on chrome. The javascript console did not show any errors on FF though...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

kind regards,
    Dewey

And another fact:

After using chrome, where it all worked, and flushing the servers cache - both browsers are not showing the emoticons anymore. But now i got the button icons on both browsers. Getting strange...

Solved:

Disabling com_zimbra_ymemoticons did it for us. Emoticons working quite good now.

Another Issue:

We are having quite alot Aliases for our mailboxes like
    user@example.com (main domain)
    user.lastname@example.com (alias)
    user@example2.com (alias)
    user@example2.com (alias)

When adding buddies on ZxChat we had the problem, that the wrong mail was used. I added user@example.com, but zxchat added user@example2.com.

zmprov ga user@example.com has shown, that the first "mail" Attribute was set to user@example2.com.

After removing this alias and adding it again the order was as we wanted it to be and user@example.com was added. Would be great, if ZxChat would really add what it is told to be added and not picking the first mail attribute from ldap

Hello DeweyRiley!

Thank you for your feedback, I'll ask the ZxChat Zimlet devs to check for any compatibility issue with com_zimbra_yemoticons...

About the alias issue, we are aware of an issue that causes buddy requests not to be routed to the user when adding an alias to the buddy list, but what you describe is not the expected behaviour of ZeXtras Chat: when adding the new buddy did you manually enter the full email address or did you use the autocomplete? Did the recipient receive the buddy request?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thank you for your feedback, I'll ask the ZxChat Zimlet devs to check for any compatibility issue with com_zimbra_yemoticons...
    To be honest i dont need those other emoticons

About the alias issue, we are aware of an issue that causes buddy requests not to be routed to the user when adding an alias to the buddy list, but what you describe is not the expected behaviour of ZeXtras Chat: when adding the new buddy did you manually enter the full email address or did you use the autocomplete? Did the recipient receive the buddy request?
    We did both. First we used auto complete, after that we manually typed in the email. As we could see in the contact list then, the wrong mail was added. The buddy did not recieve any request.

After changing the order of the mail aliases, so that the main domain is on top for all users everything seems to work fine.

Hello DeweyRiley!

Thanks for the additional info, will alert the devs ASAP...
    Just one more question: this is an old thread referring to version 1.26 of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet, are you still running that or did you upgrade to 1.28?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello DeweyRiley!

Thanks for the additional info, will alert the devs ASAP...
    Just one more question: this is an old thread referring to version 1.26 of the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet, are you still running that or did you upgrade to 1.28?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Currently we are running 1.27, while that was the last stable version as we finished our tests. could give 1.28 a try the next few days, but at the moment i dont want to generate some extra trouble after that upgrade

Upgraded to Version 1.28 now. Same behaviour. Hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast