ZxChat Chat invitation not coming to ID's having aliase

Thread: ZxChat Chat invitation not coming to ID's having aliase

ZxChat Chat invitation not coming to ID's having aliase

Hello,

I am using ZxChat 1.21 on Zimbra OSS 8.0.8, I have noticed that IDs having any aliase not able to receive chat invitation from any ID.
    However, they can send invitation to other and it receives fine to them. The problem is ID's having aliases not able to send chat invitation to each other.

Kindly help.!!

Thanks in advance.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello theserverguy,
    welcome to the forums!

Could you please tell me the ZeXtras Suite version you are running and if any error appears either in the Zimbra WebClient or in the mailbox.log file when a user sends a chat invitation to one with an alias?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello theserverguy,
    welcome to the forums!

Could you please tell me the ZeXtras Suite version you are running and if any error appears either in the Zimbra WebClient or in the mailbox.log file when a user sends a chat invitation to one with an alias?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hello Cine,

Thank you for quick response.

My ZeXtras Suite version is 1.10.0

There is no such error appearing in Zimbra WebClient but in mailbox.log I found below.

INFO [qtp457817178-160248:https://<IP>:443/service/soap/NoOpRequest] [name=<ID>;mid=83;ip=223.176.174.217;ua=ZimbraWebCl ient - FF32 (Linux)/8.0.8_GA_6184;] soap - NoOpRequest elapsed=0

INFO [qtp457817178-158779:https://<IP>:443/service/soap/NoOpRequest] [name=<ID>;mid=83;ip=223.176.174.217;ua=ZimbraWebCl ient - FF32 (Linux)/8.0.8_GA_6184;] soap - NoOpRequest elapsed=0

INFO [qtp457817178-159973:https://<IP>:443/service/soap/ModifyPropertiesRequest] [name=<ID>;mid=83;ip=223.176.174.217;ua=ZimbraWebCl ient - FF32 (Linux)/8.0.8_GA_6184;] soap - ModifyPropertiesRequest elapsed=1

INFO [qtp457817178-159964:https://<IP>:443/service/soap/ModifyPropertiesRequest] [name=<ID>;mid=83;ip=223.176.174.217;ua=ZimbraWebCl ient - FF32 (Linux)/8.0.8_GA_6184;] soap - ModifyPropertiesRequest elapsed=2

Note: I have replaced server IP with <IP> and email ID with <ID>.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello theserverguy!

This is quite odd: the logs you posted are perfectly normal, and we've not been able to reproduce the issue on our test environment...

A few questions:
    - What does exactly happen on both the "sender" and "recipient" of the invitation?
    - Could you please clear both user's browser cache and your server's zimlet (`zmprov fc all`)?
    - Could you please enable ZxChat's logging by running `zxsuite chat setProperty ZxChat_LogEnabled true`, reproduce the issue and check the /opt/zimbra/log/zxchat.log for errors?
    - Could you please try adding each user to the other's buddy list using the related ZeXtras Administration Zimlet feature or the `doMakeBuddies` zxsuite chat CLI command?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery