Shares after migration
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shares after migration

Shares after migration

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a incemental migration right now using ZeXtras. At this point, I'm performing the last incremental restore on three of four servers and making the last full backup on the fourth "old" server.

Old platform was 6.0.7 and new platform is 8.0.7. New platform is in production at the moment although not all the information is in place yet as the last incremental restore for the four servers is still in process.

There seems to be a problem with shared items. It looks like the user is able to see only the items shared with him, as long as they are in the same server.

I know that the last step of the incremental migration guide is to execute "zxsuite backup doCheckShares". Is this going to solve this issue?

Thanks for your help!!!
    Sebas

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Sebas!

Yes, "doCheckShares" and "doFixShares" are going to take care of share consistency: the first command will check all shares and detect broken ones while the second one will do the actual fix...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Cine...you are the man! WHAT A RELIEVE!!!

As always, thank you very much for your invaluable help!

Sebas

Quote Originally Posted by pup_seba View Post
    Cine...you are the man! WHAT A RELIEVE!!!

THIS is how I like to start my week!

You're welcome, feel free to post here for any further need...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi again

So after running the "zxsuite backup docheckshares" and "zxsuite backup dofixshares file". It worked in two of the four servers (with some errors in the 2 that worked).

The error messages for the 2 servers that were unable to perform the fixshares is (the have different grantee ID):

Operation requested by: zimbra

ZeXtras Version: 1.8.16
    ZeXtras commit: 220a21b3d79858608ac2cb7b6f35a86de3baedc6
    Zimbra version: 8.0.7_GA_6021 20140408123937 20140408-1243 NETWORK

- exception -
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause with com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException: grantee already exists 0554af3c-7dce-4060-8f01-0351bbbe35fe
    ExceptionId:ZxBackup Thread:1402958875850:bd91a363d439ce17
    Code:mail.GRANT_EXISTS
    at java.lang.Throwable.initCause ( Throwable.java:456 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEFixShares.doOperation ( ZEFixShares.java:326 )
    at com.zextras.op.ZEOperation.exec ( ZEOperation.java:720 )
    at com.zextras.backup.services.BackupThread.execOpera tion ( BackupThread.java:253 )
    at com.zextras.backup.services.BackupThread.run ( BackupThread.java:126 )
    at java.lang.Thread.run ( Thread.java:744 )
    Caused by: com.zextras.lib.Error.OperationBlockingError: Unknown Exception
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEFixShares.doOperation ( ZEFixShares.java:325 )
    at com.zextras.backup.services.BackupThread.execOpera tion ( BackupThread.java:253 )
    Caused by: com.zextras.lib.Error.UnknownException: Unknown Exception
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEFixShares.doOperation ( ZEFixShares.java:325 )

So I thought that maybe the 3 or 4 users that I manually fixed before this operation, were the cause, so I revert the changes made to their accounts and relaunch the dofixshares, but with same results.

Any idea on how to fix or workaround this?

Thanks!
    Sebas

Hi!

I just ran out of ideas and don't know what to do right now. Please, any help is more than welcome. None of my users are able to open the folders shared with them

Thank you!
    Sebas

Hello Sebas!

We are investigating your report, I'm waiting for a feedback from the Dev Team and will keep you posted...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thank you very very much!

If it helps for your diagnose, all of my outlook users are facing problems while trying to sync their accounts. The only solution I found at the moment, is to recreate their outlook profile (i'm looking for another solution as this is not a good option for 2000 users that are using outlook).

This is part of the zimbra "synctrace.log" (just in case it throws more light).

2014-06-17 10:33:00,549 WARN [qtp662845511-10043:https://172.17.51.23:8443/service/soap] [ip=172.17.51.27;] SoapEngine - unable to construct SOAP context
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: permission denied: can not access account a2953d91-8093-431b-880c-6e4039be7065
    ExceptionId:qtp662845511-10043:https://172.17.51.23:8443/service/so...3aa6d5d9108127
    Code:service.PERM_DENIED
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.PERM_DE NIED(ServiceException.java:288)
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.DEFEND_ ACCOUNT_HARVEST(ServiceException.java:305)
    at com.zimbra.soap.ZimbraSoapContext.<init>(ZimbraSoa pContext.java:321)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:299)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:258)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:294)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:210)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:207)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:654)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1320)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.CsrfFilter.doFilter(CsrfFilt er.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1291)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.RequestStringFilter.doFilter (RequestStringFilter.java:52)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1291)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(Set HeaderFilter.java:57)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilte r(UserAgentFilter.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter.doFilter(Gzi pFilter.java:256)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ETagHeaderFilter.doFilter(ET agHeaderFilter.java:45)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraQoSFilter.doFilter(Zim braQoSFilter.java:114)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilterChain (DoSFilter.java:474)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter(DoSF ilter.java:345)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter(DoSF ilter.java:316)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle( ServletHandler.java:443)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.han dle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:556)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Handle(SessionHandler.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Handle(ContextHandler.java:1044)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(S ervletHandler.java:372)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Scope(SessionHandler.java:189)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Scope(ContextHandler.java:978)

Thanks again for your help
    Sebas

Hi again!

Zimbra support won't help us with this one as they say that they can't help us if user IDs were changed. Shares are only one part of the problem...the other issue is that we now have more than 2000 users that need to rebuild their outlook connection and re-sync all over again as the outlook clients are pointing to an inexistent user ID.

Please tell me if you need anything from my side to help you find a solution (if there is one) to this problem.

Thank you!
    Sebas

Hello Sebas!

I sent you a PM about the shares issue earlier today, we need your help for a deeper investigation...

Regarding the OLC clients, on the other hand, I can only confirm what the Zimbra Support said: the Zimbra Outlook Connector uses accountIDs to reference accounts, not the corresponding email addresses, and ZeXtras Suite creates new accounts from scratch during an Import so the old reference won't be valid anymore since there is no way to force the zimbraID of a mailbox...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast