Migrating from 6.0.14 to 8.0.6

Thread: Migrating from 6.0.14 to 8.0.6

Migrating from 6.0.14 to 8.0.6

I am trying to migrate my zimbra server from 6.0.14 to 8.0.6 i have 6981 accounts on server and that took me almost 48h to backup. Now i am trying to restore on new server ( to take the backup i mounted a folder on the new server and backuped there, and now i am using the same path on the new server to migrate) I set the owner and group for folders and files to zimbra and started the process to restore, but it takes too long on the first task on wizard "Check Import Path" is that normal with almost 7000 accounts ? or maybe is something wrong ?

PHP Code:
    zxsuite backup getBackupInfo backup_path /mnt/hdd/

exists                                              true
            readable                                            true
            valid                                               true

empty                                               false
            lockok                                              true
            writable                                            true
            caseSensitive                                       true
            backupStat                              
                fullScan                                
                    firstZeXtrasBuild                                           2cc8a9aff3fa88d29498d7fc3b3a02f20da8627a
                    firstZeXtrasVersion                                         1.8.13
                    firstZimbraVersion                                          6.0.14
                    backupPath                                                  
    /mnt/hdd
                    lastSuccessful                                              Success
                    firstScan                                                   2014
    -03-08 15:46:16 EET
                    lastScan                                                    2014
    -03-08 15:46:16 EET
                    lastZeXtrasBuild                                            2cc8a9aff3fa88d29498d7fc3b3a02f20da8627a
                    lastZeXtrasVersion                                          1.8.13
                    lastZimbraVersion                                           6.0.14
                    numTotalAccounts                                            6981
                    numActiveBackuppedAccounts                                  6981
                    numZimbraItems                                              3520045
                    numBackuppedItems                                           3520045
                    numItemsPerSecond                                           0
                smartScan                               
                    firstZeXtrasBuild                                           2cc8a9aff3fa88d29498d7fc3b3a02f20da8627a
                    firstZeXtrasVersion                                         1.8.13
                    firstZimbraVersion                                          8.0.6
            dataPath                                            
    /mnt/hdd
    I Forgot to mention that total space took for backup is 267GB
    Last edited by nikolas22t; 03-08-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Hi nikolas22t and welcome to our forums!

If you have 7000 accounts, the export folder will contain 7000 accounts folders and 7000 info files, so if you are using a network share to import the data, the performance will be affected by the high numbers of file access. The import progess needs to read all account files before it starts (because you can choose to import only the accounts you want).

You can monitor your disk activity by using iostat cli utility:
    Code:
    iostat -mx 1
    Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

I tried chrome browser instead of firefox and was amazing fast, 2-3 minutes

I suspect this issue is related to 503 error (DosFilter problem exposed here), solved with Hotfix1.

What version of ZeXtras Suite are you using on 8.0.6 server?

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    I suspect this issue is related to 503 error (DosFilter problem exposed here), solved with Hotfix1.

What version of ZeXtras Suite are you using on 8.0.6 server?

D0s0n
    i posted it above

firstZeXtrasVersion 1.8.13