Operation Full Scan failed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Operation Full Scan failed

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46
    - Your original Zimbra server, running ZeXtras Backup, crashed.
    yes
    - You restored your data on a new server (?using the old server's backup path as the source?)
    I used the zextras backup from global backup on tmp path
    - The restore was completed (?you got an "Operation Completed" notification?)
    yes and no I restored account for account.
    everyone was ok except this particular account I have not received a "operation completed" message.
    - The first FullScan crashed.
    yes
    - You noticed an exception in the import log.
    no, I saw the problem later, after the fullscan ...

    I see from the error you posted that the item causing the issue is a Calendar appointment/invitation, to be more specific I'd need to see the restore log... Could you please compress it and email it to community@zextras.com? Also, if you still have the "Operation Completed" notification from the first import, could you please send that as well?
    I have sent the restore log (for this specific account) to community@....

    please tell me which log you still need!

    /velvet
    Last edited by velvet; 11-12-2013 at 02:27 PM.

  2. #12
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,375
    Hello Velvet!

    Logs received and checked, it looks like item #1212 is causing the issue (the import process starts restoring this item at 19:25:46,229 and crashes at 19:27:19,213 without any additional output inbetween)...

    Could you please run the following command and email me the output?

    Code:
    zxsuite backup getItem user@domain.com 1212 backup_path /your/import/path/ dump_blob TRUE date last
    (change "user@domain.com" and "/your/import/path/" with the appropriate username and path)

    Also, it would be great to have the original item files. The path for those files is displayed in the output of the "getItem" command as "metadata path" and "blob path" (the latter might not exist since we are dealing with a calendar item)


    Have a nice day,
    Cine

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46
    Hello Cine,

    zxsuite backup getItem mail@bla.foo 1212 backup_path /restore/zextras/ dump_blob TRUE date last

    error: Can't find account with id 09c98b68-806a-492b-b311-617058393bc9 in the backup.
    Directory /restore/zextras/accounts/09c98b68-806a-492b-b311-617058393bc9 doesn't exist.
    hmm, Can't find account ?!

    thanks,
    velvet
    Last edited by velvet; 11-13-2013 at 10:42 AM.

  4. #14
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Hello Cine,



    hmm, Can't find account ?!

    thanks,
    velvet
    Oooops, my bad...
    Since you are querying data from the old server you need to enter the userID for that mailbox on the old server instead of the email address: in order to find it out, run the following command

    Code:
    zxsuite backup getMap {current server backup path}/map_{old server's serverID} | grep 09c98b68-806a-492b-b311-617058393bc9
    (you should only have 1 mapfile, but if you need to quickly check the old server ID you'll find it in the name of the restored default COS)

    Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46
    Hello Cine,

    output sent!

    thanks,
    velvet

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46
    Hello Cine,

    any updates regarding this issue?

    thanks,
    velvet

  7. #17
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,375
    Hello Velvet!

    It looks like the culprit is a Calendar Item with a 58mb attachment: when Zimbra tries to decode it, java runs out of memory and the process is interrupted.
    My suggestion would be to delete both the metadata and data files from the backup in order not to restore this item, as it might cause issues not only during the migration but even when opened from within the ZWC or when synchronized with a mobile phone.

    If deletion is not an option, your best bet would be to temporarily raise the amount of RAM memory on the server (and java's heap size accordingly) so that it would be more difficult for the java process to run out of memory...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46
    Hello Cine,

    you have helped again very competent! I deleted the item and now the import works again.
    BTW, I have reduced the attachment size ...

    Thanks,
    Velvet

  9. #19
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Hello Cine,

    you have helped again very competent! I deleted the item and now the import works again.
    BTW, I have reduced the attachment size ...

    Thanks,
    Velvet
    That's the news I like to hear!

    Also, thank you for your kind words, and enjoy your newfound backup (hoping you won't need to use it again for a long time )...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •