Omg I deleted my admin account, not sure how I did it... but I need help please!

Thread: Omg I deleted my admin account, not sure how I did it... but I need help please!

Omg I deleted my admin account, not sure how I did it... but I need help please!

I have command line access I just cannot get into the admin site.

How do I restore the account from the command line? I see several options I just not sure which I choose.

I found this, if this is what I need, but I'm not sure what I put in the date field:

zxsuite backup doUndelete {account} {"dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss"|first} {"dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss"|last} [attr1 value1 [attr2 value2...]]

Is this the right procedure? How do I find the date of the restore I need?

Thanks a bunch!

<nervous>
    Last edited by TechGuyAlabama; 10-04-2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Clarification

Hi TechGuyAlabama,

the doUndelete command is intended to restore only deleted items from an existing account, so you need to use the "doRestoreOnNewAccount" CLI command:
    Code:
    zxsuite backup doRestoreOnNewAccount {source_account} {destination_account} {"dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss"|last}
    So for your particular case:
    Code:
    zxsuite backup doRestoreOnNewAccount admin@yourdomain.com admin@yourdomain.com last

But i guess you can give the global admin privileges to another account with this command to get into the Administration Console:
    Code:
    zmprov ma another-user@yourdomain.com zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE
    Hope this helps.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi TechGuyAlabama,

the doUndelete command is intended to restore only deleted items from an existing account, so you need to use the "doRestoreOnNewAccount" CLI command:
    Code:
    zxsuite backup doRestoreOnNewAccount {source_account} {destination_account} {"dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss"|last}
    So for your particular case:
    Code:
    zxsuite backup doRestoreOnNewAccount admin@yourdomain.com admin@yourdomain.com last

But i guess you can give the global admin privileges to another account with this command to get into the Administration Console:
    Code:
    zmprov ma another-user@yourdomain.com zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE
    Hope this helps.

D0s0n
    Thank you!