Import/Export issue: Import Path selection

Thread: Import/Export issue: Import Path selection

Import/Export issue: Import Path selection

When I click on import backup type in location of back up I get error Please select a valid import path.
    I am trying to restore accounts from external hard drive and have had no luck. Can some one please help and thank you in advance.

Hi xmbytes and welcome to the forums!

It seems you haven't set a backup path readable by zimbra user, could you please provide the informations described in the "The Golden Rule" sections of the "IMPORTANT - How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue" announcement thread? Have you mounted your external disk with correct permissions?

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post

It seems you haven't set a backup path readable by zimbra user, could you please provide the informations described in the "The Golden Rule" sections of the "IMPORTANT - How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue" announcement thread? Have you mounted your external disk with correct permissions?

D0s0n
    - your Zimbra version 8.05
    - your ZeXtras Suite Current Version:1.8.10
    - your OS, its version and architecture 6.4
    - the number of servers in your Zimbra infrastructure 1
    - the number of mailbox server in your Zimbra infrastructure 3 current back 7
    - for GUI related issues, the browser you were using when experiencing the issue and its version foxfire
    my knowledge is limited
    I hooked up my externeal hard drive /mnt//opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/
    then went into import and typed /mnt//opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/ in that when I get error. I have also tried to point to folder /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/ and get same error.

Wise Guy Participant
    Quote Originally Posted by xmbytes View Post
    - your Zimbra version 8.05
    - your ZeXtras Suite Current Version:1.8.10
    - your OS, its version and architecture 6.4
    - the number of servers in your Zimbra infrastructure 1
    - the number of mailbox server in your Zimbra infrastructure 3 current back 7
    - for GUI related issues, the browser you were using when experiencing the issue and its version foxfire
    my knowledge is limited
    I hooked up my externeal hard drive /mnt//opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/
    then went into import and typed /mnt//opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/ in that when I get error. I have also tried to point to folder /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/ and get same error.
    Hello xmbytes .

Question: is /mnt/opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/ the directory where the contents of the zextras directory of the source server are located?

If you execute a
    Code:
    cd /mnt/opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/; ls -la
    at the command line as the root user what output do you get?
    Moreover, if you switch to the zimbra user and try to execute the commands above, do you get the same output?

Regards,
    Trantor
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras System Administrator and Installer Guru

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post

D0s0n
    Got it! what I did was over write /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/ with the old file then I restored just fine. Thank You for your help.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello xmbytes!

Glad the issue was solved

However, I'd like to strongly advise against mounting the import directory in /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/: that's the default Backup Path for ZeXtras Backup, and copying files from another server to this directory will most certainly lead to messy results once you initialize ZeXtras Backup on the new server (unless, of course, you initialize the backup system using a different path).
    Furthermore, if you moved data from an old backup path to this directory you won't be able to use it as a backup path as each time a backup path is initialized it's also "locked" so that no other servers will be able to use it as a backup path, in order to avoid overwriting/merging backup paths.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

p.s.: I renamed your thread in order to make it more recognizable by users which might be experiencing similar issues.