Javascript Error After Installing 1.8.10 with Zimbra 8.0.5 OpenSource

Thread: Javascript Error After Installing 1.8.10 with Zimbra 8.0.5 OpenSource

Javascript Error After Installing 1.8.10 with Zimbra 8.0.5 OpenSource

A little background first

I am using the virtual appliance directly from Zimbra which contained the Network Edition, I then "upgraded" to the OpenSource 8.0.5 edition. Once on the OpenSource edition and everything worked I installed zextras 1.8.10.

After installing zextras I am no longer able to open any properties of a user's mailbox. The error I receive is below:

JavaScript error encountered in method ZaController.prototype.changeActionsState
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    message: Unable to get value of the property 'getObject': object is null or undefined description: Unable to get value of the property 'getObject': object is null or undefined number: -2146823281 name: TypeError

Items I have tried:
    1.) Flushed the Zimlet cache (zmprov flushCache zimlet) and restarted.
    2.) Two errors in mailbox.log were unable to load "com_zimbra_smime_cert_admin" and "com_zimbra_delegatedadmin" so I ran "zmzimletctl undeploy com_zimbra_smime_cert_admin" and "zmzimletctl undeploy com_zimbra_delegatedadmin". I was thinking this due to "upgrading" from network edition to opensource.
    3.) Added ?dev=1 to the URL but it gets stuck on the "Loading" screen with a javascript error (shown below).
    Line: 54
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    URI: https://mail.domain.com:7071/zimbraA...v=130910130453

**Uninstalling zextras with "install.sh -u all" resolves the issue.**

Any ideas?

ZeXtras Developer ZeroZeroOne ZeXtras Reseller
    Participant

Quote Originally Posted by andy0789 View Post
    A little background first
    3.) Added ?dev=1 to the URL but it gets stuck on the "Loading" screen with a javascript error (shown below).
    Line: 54
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    URI: https://mail.domain.com:7071/zimbraA...v=130910130453

**Uninstalling zextras with "install.sh -u all" resolves the issue.**

Any ideas?
    Hi,

it seems like you're using IE, could you please make a test with Google Chrome and/or with Mozilla Firefox and report the results?
    Please, make the tests using the "?dev=1" parameter.

Thanks,
    kral

ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras Software Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by kral View Post
    Hi,

it seems like you're using IE, could you please make a test with Google Chrome and/or with Mozilla Firefox and report the results?
    Please, make the tests using the "?dev=1" parameter.

Thanks,
    Thank you for your response. Yes I am using IE. I ended up resolving the issue and it was a browser thing. After clearing temp internet files, ... then rebooting the computer it started working. Still not sure if what I tried above helped at all, but no more java errors. Love Java sometimes.....