Urgent Help please :my server is crashed now ... can I restore with such errors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Help please :my server is crashed now ... can I restore with such errors

Urgent Help please :my server is crashed now ... can I restore with such errors

Since I installed Zextras Suite I have problems with Zxmobile (see my other posts), and sometime server not responding.
    So this reboot seems to have completely crashed
    here is my mailbox log.
    What can I do, I cannot anymore access Zimbra.

2013-08-22 14:58:38,051 INFO [main] [] redolog - Starting pre-startup crash recovery
    2013-08-22 14:58:38,071 INFO [main] [] redolog - waiting for FileLogWriter.FsyncThread-1377176318069 to finish.
    2013-08-22 14:58:38,072 INFO [FileLogWriter.FsyncThread-1377176318069] [] redolog - Starting fsync thread with interval 10
    2013-08-22 14:58:38,082 INFO [FileLogWriter.FsyncThread-1377176318069] [] redolog - fsync thread exiting
    2013-08-22 14:58:38,082 INFO [main] [] redolog - FileLogWriter.FsyncThread-1377176318069 finished
    2013-08-22 14:59:27,333 INFO [main] [] redolog - Redoing 1 uncommitted transactions
    2013-08-22 14:59:27,333 INFO [FileLogWriter.FsyncThread-1377176367332] [] redolog - Starting fsync thread with interval 10
    2013-08-22 14:59:27,448 INFO [main] [] redolog - REDOING: txn 1377010574.15209 [SetConfig] ver=1.42, tstamp=1377165175653, change=233382, mailbox=6, section=ZxMobile, config=d32:
    2013-08-22 14:59:28,418 INFO [main] [] index - OpenLuceneIndex impl=NIOFSDirectory,dir=/opt/zimbra/index/0/6/index/0
    2013-08-22 14:59:28,418 INFO [main] [] mbxmgr - Mailbox 6 account e5df06e9-1ac1-4596-9347-05b92ea74941 LOADED
    2013-08-22 14:59:28,553 INFO [main] [] cache - initializing folder and tag caches for mailbox 6
    2013-08-22 14:59:29,753 FATAL [main] [] system - Unable to commit database transaction. Forcing server to abort.
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: committing database transaction
    ExceptionId:main:1377176369741:ba349e4dddc76be7
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:258)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbPool$DbConnection.commit(DbPool .java:132)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.endTransaction(Mailb ox.java:8475)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.setConfig(Mailbox.ja va:1602)
    at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.op.SetConfig.redo(SetConfig. java:65)
    at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.RedoPlayer.runCrashRecovery( RedoPlayer.java:439)
    at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.RedoLogManager.start(RedoLog Manager.java:224)
    at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.DefaultRedoLogProvider.start up(DefaultRedoLogProvider.java:41)
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.startup(Zimbra.java:236)
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.startup(Zimbra.java:130)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.init(SoapServlet.java: 122)
    at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.j ava:241)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServle t(ServletHolder.java:477)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(Se rvletHolder.java:293)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle .start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:64)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initializ e(ServletHandler.java:730)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.st artContext(ServletContextHandler.java:254)

Jay
    Code Master ZeXtras Employee
    Hi fgossart,

this issue seems unusual, could you please provide your logs (you can send to community@zextras.com)?
    /opt/zimbra/log/mysql_error.log
    /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log
    /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log ?

move /opt/zimbra/redolog/redo.log into another folder and try to restart, this is a hot-fix, probably the issue will repeat on the restart.
    It would be really useful if you could provide a link to download the redo.log in order to analize the problem.
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras Suite Developers

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Hi fgossart,

this issue seems unusual, could you please provide your logs (you can send to community@zextras.com)?
    /opt/zimbra/log/mysql_error.log
    /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log
    /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log ?

move /opt/zimbra/redolog/redo.log into another folder and try to restart, this is a hot-fix, probably the issue will repeat on the restart.
    It would be really useful if you could provide a link to download the redo.log in order to analize the problem.
    So I move redo.log restart, and send you the redolog ?

logs are too large 200Mb with tar.gz so I can't send by mail. Have you another idea ?

Of course, but if you have this such of problem, you may also have a db corruption, you should make this command:
    Code:
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmdbintegrityreport -v
    Rember to send us also others logs! (/opt/zimbra/log/mysql_error.log, /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log and /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log).

D0s0n

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by fgossart View Post
    logs are too large 200Mb with tar.gz so I can't send by mail. Have you another idea ?
    If your server now starts, you can upload it in a briefcase and share it with community@zextras.com

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

After removing redolog and restart my account seems to be accessible and genuine... but I'm not sure for the others mail accounts.

The db has no errors after checking.
    Logs are provided at community mailbox

Jay
    It seems like the mobile synchronization status is so huge that puts mysql under heavy stress. Did you connect several outlook client/devices to the same account?
    Please remove any unused devices from each account, especially old outlook synchronizations, and if possible, limit synchronization interval to 1 month on the client.
    In the mailboxes where the synchronization status is oversized the synchronization may be unstable and may lead to resynchronization and subsequent server performance degradation.

We're examining the issue, please keep us posted.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It seems like the mobile synchronization status is so huge that puts mysql under heavy stress. Did you connect several outlook client/devices to the same account?
    Please remove any unused devices from each account, especially old outlook synchronizations, and if possible, limit synchronization interval to 1 month on the client.
    In the mailboxes where the synchronization status is oversized the synchronization may be unstable and may lead to resynchronization and subsequent server performance degradation.

We're examining the issue, please keep us posted.

Jay
    i have 3 PC with outlook 2013 on one account, and many more with other clients.
    If we have to limit to one month, it's better to use Imap and in this case we can say that outlook activesync is not usuable with Zextras/zimbra

The problem is that since a few days, perhaps after latests zextras release, I'm not sure... all outlook sync always restart to begining (ie when my sync is up to date suddenly my outlook sync is empty and restart all the sync). So it's effectively a heavy charge.
    Could we try to find why it always start again and again sync ? perhaps it will avoid crashing the server.

My trial period of Zextras suite ends in a few days.

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by fgossart View Post
    i have 3 PC with outlook 2013 on one account, and many more with other clients.
    If we have to limit to one month, it's better to use Imap and in this case we can say that outlook activesync is not usuable with Zextras/zimbra

The problem is that since a few days, perhaps after latests zextras release, I'm not sure... all outlook sync always restart to begining (ie when my sync is up to date suddenly my outlook sync is empty and restart all the sync). So it's effectively a heavy charge.
    Could we try to find why it always start again and again sync ? perhaps it will avoid crashing the server.
    It's restarting because too many items were synchronized on the same account due to a particular unfortunate case, we were already working on a new and more efficent way to store these informations and we will provide you a custom build to fix this problem as soon as this improvement pass QA tests, we're talking about a couple of weeks.
    Meanwhile we suggest you to synchronize just 1 outlook per mailbox and remove other devices from mobile view.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast