Urgent Help please :my server is crashed now ... can I restore with such errors - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent Help please :my server is crashed now ... can I restore with such errors

So I decided after these problem to migrate to another server with more memory : I setup a new empty zimbra server and copy /opt/backup/zextras to a /home/zimbra/backup folder on the new server
    Then I tried to restore with import backup
    Great job, the restore feature is very easy. It tooks almost 10 hours to restore 40 accounts.
    The only problem now is that I have lot of mail that I have previously delete.
    Could I restore with importing backup to a more recent state ?

I have also some problems with external account (pop and imap), the passwords have to be put again, but it's not very important

up
    Anyone can give an answer for restoring latest state with import backup ?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello fgossart!
    I suggest you to have a look at our Incremental Migration with ZxBackup guide to see how to perform consequential imports on a live system. Unfortunately restore operations do not perform deletes, so any item imported on the destination server and then deleted from the source server will not be deleted.

I'd like to better understand the situation, tho... You said that a lot of previously deleted items were restored: were those items deleted during the migration (in this case, see above) or before it?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello fgossart!
    I suggest you to have a look at our Incremental Migration with ZxBackup guide to see how to perform consequential imports on a live system. Unfortunately restore operations do not perform deletes, so any item imported on the destination server and then deleted from the source server will not be deleted.

I'd like to better understand the situation, tho... You said that a lot of previously deleted items were restored: were those items deleted during the migration (in this case, see above) or before it?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    i try to explain better.
    Since I setup Zextras one month ago I had some problems with Mobile activesync. My mailbox was huge and probably it was the cause of the problem. So 10 days ago approximatively I decided to delete lots of old mail to make my mailbox smaller. It tooks many hours almost a complete day to sort and delete old mails usefull to keep or not.
    After this huge job, I still have problems to sync with Outlook 2013 and have some servers crash.
    The latest crash was this post !
    Deleting redolog was the solution to reboot properly my server. But I decided anyway to migrate to a more powerfull virtual server with 6Gb.
    It was also a good way to check if Zxbackup was efficient before buying full licence.
    So as I describe in the latests posts I copy the /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras folder to the new freshly installed zimbra server without any data and accounts (on custom folder /home/zimbra/backup)
    On the new server I setup Zextras Suite and try to import backup from custom folder. With restoring I could see my domains and accounts. I think the procedure is very easy and I check every account and wait 10 hours to have everything migrated.
    The only problem is that I have all the huge mailbox again because all my deleted mails were restored too in my mailbox.
    It's better than less mails, but I have spared almost a day to sort and delete old mails.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello fgossart,
    thanks for the explaination!

Unfortunately once an item has been imported on the destination server it won't be deleted automatically by ZeXtras Suite. I see no non-destructive way out of this, if the new server is not yet in production you could delete all accounts from it, run a FullScan on the source server to align the backup path and then use such backup path to re-import the data, but otherwise you'll have to manually delete old emails...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

EDIT: If you plan to repeat the import you will also have to delete the appropriate map file in the destination server's backup path... The file is called "map_[source_server_ID]".
    Last edited by Cine; 08-27-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12