Export Backup Incremental

Thread: Export Backup Incremental

Export Backup Incremental

Hi,

I have written a script to export a full backup and copy it to an external location regularly.
    Can I leave the previously exported data inside the temporary export directory? What is the official policy? Can this create problems? Afaik the wiki does not say anything about that.
    When I try that from the admin interface, it gives an error saying the export directory must be empy. The CLI does not.
    Maybe that would even be more efficient, because only the changes to the last time have to be exported.

Thanks for your answer.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello vinzenz!

The "Export Backup" feature is not designed to be repeated incrementally, but to be a standalone snapshot.
    If you wish to incrementally export a valid backup to an external location my suggestion is to use `rsync` to synchronize the active Backup Path with the remote location. The Realtime Scanner will handle new items as well as changes and deletions, and thanks to the atomic algorythms used by ZeXtras Backup to save its data you will always have a valid and consistent backup path, ready to be rsync'd to the external location of your choice.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery