ZxSuite/Migration tool 1.6.4: still problem with tags an shared object
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZxSuite/Migration tool 1.6.4: still problem with tags an shared object

ZxSuite/Migration tool 1.6.4: still problem with tags an shared object

Hi

I think to be a "very lucky" one but i'm still having problem in migrate the data from a Zimbra 7.2 to a 8.0.1

The first problem is related to the tags.
    The tags name are imported but the messages ARE NOT tagged, in fact selecting one of the tags on the left column don't show anything as search result while doing the same in the source server the message with the corresponding tag are show.

The second problem is on the shared objects since not all the shared object are imported correctly.
    For example (with my account) i'm using a shared mail folder and this is ok, a shared address book and this ask for accept the share request, and finally a shared calendar and this is completely missing (i'm adding 2 snapshot with the differences)

The calendar in the source server is public for all and in modify for some selected user but on zimbra 8 appear as not shared at all.

by the way someone know a way to list all the shared object by command line for do a compare ?

PS as always sorry for my english :P

Zimbra7.jpgZimbra8.jpg

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Davide!

Can you please send me the full Notifications and logs as described in the "ZXBACKUP - Import and Export" section of the "How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue" post?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

re-done an export with migration tool 1.6.5 and launched just now an import with zxsuite 1.6.5 on a zimbra 8.0.2 running on ubuntu 12.04 64 bit
    let's see what happens

Davide

Hello again in this 2013
    Just back to work after this holiday and i confirm that with version 1.6.5 my problem still remain

Hello Davide!

We just built a test ZeXtras Suite version just for you...
    I'll send you the download details in some minutes via PM, please try to run the import on an empty server (no domains/COSs/users and empty Backup Path) and let me know how it works...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Hello..
    I've tried the import with the test build to a zimbra 8.0.2 installation and there are some good news. The tag problem seem now gone, if i select a tag a proper search result is now show.
    Also some sharing issue are resolved but unfortunately not all. For example the public shared calendar is not shared (and appear as not available to the people who was using it) and other small issue like that

Quote Originally Posted by davidesjhs View Post
    Hello..
    I've tried the import with the test build to a zimbra 8.0.2 installation and there are some good news. The tag problem seem now gone, if i select a tag a proper search result is now show.
    Also some sharing issue are resolved but unfortunately not all. For example the public shared calendar is not shared (and appear as not available to the people who was using it) and other small issue like that
    Hello Davide!
    Glad the newly built version soved some of the issues...

In order to continue the debugging can you please send me - community@zextras.com - the new import log and mailbox.log along with some informations about a sample unrestored share:

- output of "zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com gf -v /Name_of_the_Calendar" both on source and dest server where user@domain.com is the owner of the calendar
    - output of "zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com gf -v /Name_of_the_Calendar" both on source and dest server where user@domain.com is the user for which the share has not been restored
    - output of "zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com gfg -v /Name_of_the_Calendar" both on source and dest server where user@domain.com is the owner of the calendar
    - output of "zxsuite backup getItem id-of-calendar-owner id-of-the-calendar backup_path /your/export/path" on the old server (the ID of the user can be found in the Zimbra Admin Console when editing the user while the id of the calendar can be found in the output of the first command of this list)

If you see any unrestored Item, please execute the following on a sample unrestored item
    - output of "zxsuite backup getItem id-of-item-owner id-of-the-item backup_path /your/export/path" on the old server.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Hi

I have sent two mail with some logs attached.
    Yes i do have unrestored items but unfortunately i can't get the output of the commands:

- output of "zxsuite backup getItem id-of-calendar-owner id-of-the-calendar backup_path /your/export/path
    - output of "zxsuite backup getItem id-of-item-owner id-of-the-item backup_path /your/export/path

because i have done the export with the migration tools and not with the backup suite.
    if i remove the migration tool and install the zextras suite i'm able to obtain the output requested?

Regards
    Davide

Quote Originally Posted by davidesjhs View Post
    Hi

I have sent two mail with some logs attached.
    Yes i do have unrestored items but unfortunately i can't get the output of the commands:

- output of "zxsuite backup getItem id-of-calendar-owner id-of-the-calendar backup_path /your/export/path
    - output of "zxsuite backup getItem id-of-item-owner id-of-the-item backup_path /your/export/path

because i have done the export with the migration tools and not with the backup suite.
    if i remove the migration tool and install the zextras suite i'm able to obtain the output requested?

Regards
    Davide
    Hello Davide!

It's easier to execute the command in the Destination server using your import path as the argument for the "backup_path" argument (getItem reads any data from any backup path as long as it is valid)...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

hello to the team.
    i confirm either , share folders or emails or calendars - does not works after restore
    Current Version: 1.6.5
    Zimbra version 8.0.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast