Problem with contact groups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with contact groups

Problem with contact groups

With our migration (zxbackup 1.6.3 on both servers and Zimbra NE 7.1.2 to Zimbra FOSS 8.0.1) have detected a small problem with the contacts.

Not imported any contact group, and users complain too much ... : (

We tried to import an export made ​​in user preferences with version 7 and fails too! This import process says "Finished successfully" but do not import any group. Also do not know if it is related to zimbra 8 or zextras ...

Anyone else has happened?

Thanks in advance...
    Sergi

Senior Member Known ZeXtras Reseller
    Same (big) problem form me from OSS edition.

Zimbra Collaboration Server 8.0.0 OSS on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    Zimbra Collaboration Server 7.2.0 OSS on Debian 5 & Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Update : it's not a Zextra problem, it's a Zimbra problem :

Bug 77648 – Some contact groups blank after upgrade to 8.0GA

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv1 View Post
    Update : it's not a Zextra problem, it's a Zimbra problem :

Bug 77648 – Some contact groups blank after upgrade to 8.0GA
    You have already solved the problem?
    I'll check the bug on Monday to see if I can fix it, because users are very concerned about their contact groups

Thanks Sylv1 !!!

Hello s3rgi,

I've tried to fix it while importing, but Zimbra change the way how it stores his contact data. I encode manually group at the moment (+- 200)

If more groups (or lazy ) maybe it's possible to use CLI commands to recreate groups ?

Regards,

Sylvain.

Hi All,
    we have just examine this question thoroughly and we have built a new package to solve this problem. If some of you want try to reimport the data, may do so by downloading this file and reinstalling ZeXtras Suite (the old export is still valid).
    The new build id is 6862302eecbca4dc1d0b698a0715fd7c3e872cc2 (it's displayed in the Core view on the Administration Console).

Your feedback will be appreciated!

D0s0n.
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hi d0s0n,

Thanks for the fix !

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi All,
    we have just examine this question thoroughly and we have built a new package to solve this problem. If some of you want try to reimport the data, may do so by downloading this file and reinstalling ZeXtras Suite (the old export is still valid).
    The new build id is 6862302eecbca4dc1d0b698a0715fd7c3e872cc2 (it's displayed in the Core view on the Administration Console).

Your feedback will be appreciated!

D0s0n.
    Ok, I understand. But I can not reimport the data again because my server is already in production, and I can not turn back. Is there any way to process the data once imported to display correctly on the web interface?

Hi s3rgi.

You are correct in your assessment concerning reimporting the data. The only alternative I can envision, without overwrite the data, is to proceed as follows:
    Go to the ZxBackup administration panel, disable the Real Time Scanner, the scan operation scheduling and then stop all backup operations.
    After that, enter the path of your previous exportation as the current backup path.
    That way you'll be to perform a restoration of the old accounts as if they were current backupped data.
    From the same view click on the Restore button, which will allow you to perform a restoration on a new account with a different name (e.g. restored_oldname@olddomain) accessing the old exportation data.
    After having created the new account from the old data you ought to able to share the contacts with the actual account active on your system.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hello D0ns0n !

I understand you. I've done what you mention and it worked, It's useful for the accounts of users who complain more, but to do it in all accounts of the server is not useful. I'll try to calm down the users while seeking another massive solution.

A developer has mentioned me do it via the zimbra SOAP service from the old server, do you know if it is possible?

Thanks anyway!
    S3rgi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast