Are domain & account aliases preserved in a ZxBackup incremental migration? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are domain & account aliases preserved in a ZxBackup incremental migration?

pgn
    Apparently 1.6.2 may take awhile ...

What situtation will 1.6.2 expect? That we've removed the incorrectly not-aliased domains? That we've fixed them? Or left it alone, and 1.6.2 will fix it for us?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello pgn,

version 1.6.2 will fix the issue for new imports, in your case I suggest you to manually remove the "should-be-an-alias" domains and create them as alias domains...

Have a nice day,
    Cine

pgn
    > version 1.6.2 will fix the issue for new imports

thanks

> in your case I suggest you to manually remove the "should-be-an-alias" domains and create them as alias domains...

Ok. I would do that, then, on the Z7->Z8 migration's 'destination' server -- i.e., on the Z8 server.

Iiuc, making that change manually is (?) "changing the map files", is that correct?

That target server is not yet in full production.

Once I make that manual aliasing change on the target server, if I still have v1.6.1 in place, and do yet another export->rsync->import procedure, what will happen? Will 1.6.1 correctly use/recognize the newly-fixed aliased domains? Or will the procedure re-overwrite the domain aliases with real domains again?

I realize this is a temporary issue for v1.6.1 ...

For a small production target with 3 domain aliases, this is not that big of a deal.

For our next server with 100+ alias domains, it'd be useful to know what's going to happen before pulling the trigger on the fix+resync steps.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello pgn,

You'll need to delete the "incorrectly-imported-as-real domains" domains. Restoring your data with ZeXtras Suite 1.6.2 will then automatically create the correct domains.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12