doCheckShares Errors

Thread: doCheckShares Errors

doCheckShares Errors

Hello,

I've done an externalRestore on a new fresh server and it seems I can't get the shares to work again for some reason. I got a similar error for each share I got.

Account paul@domain.com:
    Folder '/Inbox' is shared to cristian@domain.com but there is no mountpoint for it configured on the destination account.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Are you sure those share were not invalid even on the source server?
    Could you provide versions of zimbra and zextras of this case?

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hello d0s0n,

I used 1.6.1 on source server (ZCS 7.2.0 OSE) and 1.6.1 on target server (ZCS 8.0.0 OSE)

All shares are valid on source server. I will retry today and make a second export then import then retry the sharesJob.

Paul.

I will make a test today to verify the reproducibility of this problem.

I'll let you know as soon as possible.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Apparently the externalRestore fixed all the shares but the doCheckShares still reports same errors. -Just a note on this.

Edit: some shares work, some don't..
    Last edited by iamcypher; 10-21-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Here is an update on this: Shared folders got created however you cannot see any subfolders of that share only the ones you create after the restore. I've tried revoking the share and resharing it and the same problem occurs (only folders created after the restore will be visibile). I'm in complete chaos now. I don't know what to do in order to fix it. I will try to replicate this on a virtual machine to see if the problem occurs again.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello iamcypher.

The shared folder issue has already been discussed here.

About the "Ghost Tag", the dev team is still investigating... Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can create a new tag called '0' in the mailbox experiencing this issue and then delete it to remove any trace of the tag.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hello Cine,

I've run the mailbox command on a problematic account and placed the corect folder name and path but it only revoked the share, after I recreated the shared folder I still can only see folders that were created after the import process. Also it says on the post that on 1.6.1 this issue got fixed and that the version I used for import and export.

Also I've tried sorting all emails with tags and pressed U in order to untag them but I'm getting a null pointer exception.

2012-10-25 17:06:26,415 WARN [qtp2018127198-29662:http://ip:80/service/soap/ConvActionRequest] [name=paul@domain.com;mid=34;ip=ip;ua=ZimbraWebClie nt - FF16 (Win)/8.0.0_GA_5434;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.setColor(MailItem.j ava:1833)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.setColor(Mailbox.jav a:5796)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemActionHelper.execut eLocal(ItemActionHelper.java:457)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemActionHelper.schedu le(ItemActionHelper.java:380)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemActionHelper.UPDATE (ItemActionHelper.java:190)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ItemAction.handleCommon (ItemAction.java:191)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ConvAction.handle(ConvA ction.java:39)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:421)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:284)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:157)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:290)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:206)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:208)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:565)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1361)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(Set HeaderFilter.java:57)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1332)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilte r(UserAgentFilter.java:77)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter.doFilter(Gzi pFilter.java:181)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1332)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilterChain (DoSFilter.java:464)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter(DoSF ilter.java:327)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle( ServletHandler.java:477)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.han dle(ScopedHandler.java:119)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:524)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Handle(SessionHandler.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Handle(ContextHandler.java:1031)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(S ervletHandler.java:406)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Scope(SessionHandler.java:186)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Scope(ContextHandler.java:965)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.han dle(ScopedHandler.java:117)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCol lection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:250)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection .handle(HandlerCollection.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.ha ndle(HandlerWrapper.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:312)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.DebugHandler.hand le(DebugHandler.java:77)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.ha ndle(HandlerWrapper.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java :349)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.ha ndleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:452)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.co ntent(AbstractHttpConnection.java:894)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$Re questHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:9 48)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpPa rser.java:857)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(H ttpParser.java:235)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handl e(AsyncHttpConnection.java:77)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.han dle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:606)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.r un(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:46)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.run Job(QueuedThreadPool.java:603)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.r un(QueuedThreadPool.java:538)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    Also right after the error I see a ZeXtras exception:

2012-10-25 17:06:27,561 WARN [ZeXtras Real Time Notifier Thread] [tid=55;] extensions - ZxBackup Real Time Scanner: I/O Error: java.io.IOException: Invalid length -336 in ByteUtil.readUTF8()
    at com.zimbra.common.util.ByteUtil.readUTF8 ( ByteUtil.java:865 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.RedoLogInput.readUTF ( RedoLogInput.java:81 )
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupRedologHandler.handleRe dologOp ( ZEBackupRedologHandler.java:295 )
    at com.zextras.lib.ZERedologNotifier.notifyOperation ( ZERedologNotifier.java:536 )
    at com.zextras.lib.ZERedologNotifier.handleOp ( ZERedologNotifier.java:445 )
    at com.zextras.lib.ZERedologNotifier.run ( ZERedologNotifier.java:311 )
    Paul.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamcypher View Post
    Hello Cine,

I've run the mailbox command on a problematic account and placed the corect folder name and path but it only revoked the share, after I recreated the shared folder I still can only see folders that were created after the import process. Also it says on the post that on 1.6.1 this issue got fixed and that the version I used for import and export.
    Hi!

Did you run the mailbox command on the shared folder in the granter's mailbox? Also, this should fix the "cannot see the subfolders of a shared folder" (which was caused by the "i" flag being set to shared folders) issue, I thought the "no mountpoint" issue was solved after the second import... I'll check with the devs and report ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by iamcypher View Post
    Also I've tried sorting all emails with tags and pressed U in order to untag them but I'm getting a null pointer exception.

Also right after the error I see a ZeXtras exception:

Paul.
    Both errors are expected if you try to untag an email tagged with the ghost tag, as the tag does not actually exist (hence the nullpointer exception) and consequently the ZeXtras Backup Real Time Scanner cannot backup the operation (the invalid length exception).
    Have you tried creating a tag called "0" and immediatly deleting it? (refresh the page afterwards)

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hi,

Yes I have runned the command on the granter's mailbox.

And yes, I have tried creating a new '0' tag, deleted it, refreshed the page, the color of the tags got changed and only the new tag got removed.

I'm out of ideas in this point.

EDIT: I managed to remove the ghost tags using the procedure you told me, only that I didn't understand it 100% first time. The problem with shares remains.
    Last edited by iamcypher; 10-26-2012 at 08:23 AM.