Import shows wrong number of accounts and never ends
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Import shows wrong number of accounts and never ends

Import shows wrong number of accounts and never ends

Hi,

I'm trying to perform a migration from a RHEL 5 server with ZCS 6.0.13 to a RHEL 6 server with ZCS 7.1.4, following this guide: ZxBackup: Incremental migration with ZeXtras Backup - ZeXtras Suite Wiki. (I'm using ZxBackup 1.2.9)
    I was able to do a full scan with ZxBackup on the source server, with a total number of accounts of 4151.
    Then, I tried to import the backup on the destination server, using the zimlet (and excluding system accounts). The import starts running, but on the zxsuite backup monitor I see a total of only 410 accounts. It imports ~ 407 accounts, then gets stuck in one account and never finishes.
    I tried reinstalling Zextras, and starting over the import, but the problem persists.
    Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Hi egond and welcome to the forum.

About the wrong mailbox number issue, you need to check the full scan notification on the src server, so make you sure to have exported all Zimbra items or to have sufficient disk space to perform a complete backup.

I suggest you to upgrade to the latest ZeXtras version (1.2.11) and then you should check all import logs and Zimbra's mailbox.log file for any exceptions.

Keep us updated!
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hi D0s0n,

There is sufficient disk space to perform a complete backup. There were some warnings and skipped items on the first full scan, but it did show the right number of accounts (it's 4153, actually). I upgraded the ZeXtras version to 1.2.11 on the destination server, but I can't do that right now on the source.

What seems weird to me is that when I select "Import Backup" on the Zimlet, it shows that 4151 accounts are being imported, but then the logs and the monitor show a much smaller number.

I'll attach you some logs ASAP. What I have now is some information about the last smart scan on the source server:

- stats -
    new accounts: 2
    accounts updated: 4
    skipped accounts(by COS): 0
    item updated: 14845
    new metadata: 9310
    new files: 3757
    checked items: 14255
    backup path: /opt/zimbra/tmp/backup/
    skipped items: 0
    items/sec: 14.160662
    additional notification mails:
    Exceptions: None

- debug info -

-- parameters --
    OpStartTime = 1340059116405
    backupPath = /opt/zimbra/tmp/backup/
    -- context --
    numBackuppedItems = 14255
    numCheckedAccounts = 4153
    numPurgedItems = 0
    lastAccountSequence = 8000
    lastAccountId = 58a256d3-17bd-4bb7-8bc7-70de3956023c
    numUpAccounts = 4
    numBackuppedAccounts = 4151
    numCheckedItems = 14255
    numDeletedItems = 0
    numActiveBackuppedAccounts = 4153
    numNewItems = 9310
    numNewAccounts = 2
    numPurgedFiles = 0
    numDeletedAccounts = 0
    numPurgedAccounts = 0
    numUpItems = 14845
    items4s = 14.160662
    completed = 1
    numContentFiles = 3757
    numTotalAccounts = 4153

Feel free to send us the import log via mail to community@zextras.com

Ok, I just sent you the import log.

Maybe could be a problem with the browser selecting the account to import, so please try to start the import process from cli:
    Code:
    zxsuite --progress backup doExternalRestore /src/exported/path domains yourdomain.org notifications admin@yourdomain.org
    Have a nice Week-end

D0s0n

Hi d0s0n,

I've tried it before, and it fails with an "invalid account" error.
    I can send you the whole output later...

Thanks again.

Jay
    Code Master ZeXtras Employee
    Could you be more precise on the CLI error?
    Could you send the mailbox.log of the same date of the import to community@zextras.com (probably we missed something that wasn't considered as import-related)?

Which browser did you use to start the operation?
    Could you provide the output of " ls -l /your_backup_path/accounts | wc -l " ?

Did you notice a any resource usage spike? (CPU,RAM,Network)

We are currently searching the code for any possible cause of the stall the import procedure, any information may restrict the search field and make our job easier.

Thanks for your cooperation,
    Jay
    Last edited by Cine; 07-02-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Head of ZeXtras Suite Developers

Hi Jay,

I started over the whole process (full scan + import). Now, the output of that command is 4179.
    This time apparently I didn't get any error using the CLI, but the number of accounts being imported is small again (419). The notifications show no errors or warnings.
    The current output of the import process is:

Operation log path: /opt/zimbra/log/zextras_ZxBackup_ExternalRestore_efeb4373-9de8-4982-a175-a79afb8a2c37.log
    Warnings/Errors: 0/0
    Restored Accounts(only attributes): 419/419
    Restored Accounts(common items): 34/419
    Restored Accounts(only shared & datasources): 0/419
    Current Account: --omitted--
    Restored/Skipped Items: 25379/105
    Unrestored Items: 0

It is still running (not stalled), and I don't see any resource usage spikes for now.

Some additional info: we know that the LDAP here is modified, but we don't have that documented. We tested migrating 2 small domains before with zextras (the total is 8), and it worked. Once we used the Zimbra migration tool, and it was able to migrate all the accounts correctly, but not all their contents (user preferences, etc), so we gave up on that. Now the destination server has only the default accounts.
    This time, when trying the complete migration with zextras, we didn't finish reindexing the mailboxes as recommended, because it was making the production server slower.
    Another thing: during the import, on the admin console, I see a total account # of 423, while one of the domains has 612 accounts. When checking via zmprov gaa, this domain has 369 accounts, and the sum on all the domains is 423. Seems weird.

I'll come back tomorrow and check if the import process is stalled again. If so, I'll send you the mailbox and import logs once again.

Hi Egond and thanks for your update but I need to clarify my doubt, how many dirs do you have on the accounts folder when you start the import process?
    Maybe you have an issue when you transfer the data from the source server...

D0s0n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast