Import shows wrong number of accounts and never ends - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import shows wrong number of accounts and never ends

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by egond View Post
    Some additional info: we know that the LDAP here is modified, but we don't have that documented.
    That's interesting...
    Can we have some additional informations about your LDAP customization? Please send me an email with the full output of an ldapsearch command ran on the source server for a user which gets migrated and for a user which doesn't.

The bad news is that I'm afraid this might be the cause of your issue (or an aggravating circumstance), while the good news is that d0s0n is one of the most expertised people I've ever seen when talking about LDAP

Keep us posted,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

D0s0n, there are 4178 dirs on the accounts folder.

Cine, I'm not sure about what was done to the LDAP...
    I know that they had a problem with alternate addresses on ZCS 6, so they changed a couple of things.

This time I tried the import using the CLI as Jay told me to, but without specifying the domains list. (zxsuite --progress backup doExternalRestore /opt/zimbra/store2/30d/backup/ notifications admin@vm050.rede.tst )
    I've got the "invalid account" error again, but it recognized the 4178 accounts!

I'll send the output to community@zextras.com, as well as the ldapsearch results that Cine requested.

Another idea: is it possible to migrate the accounts in another way (such as the zimbra migration tool) and then migrate only their contents using zxbackup?

Hi egond,
    I read all your mails and your problem is your weird source server. Some accounts have an uncorrect ldap configuration, the field zimbraMailDeliveryAddress has multiple value so it's impossible to recover on dst server.
    For this version of ZeXtras isn't possible to import only the data, without check all user settings and even if it will be, in your particular case zimbraMailDeliveryAddress filed is used to determine the main address of the account, so you need to correct this "error" on source server.
    The zimbraMailDeliveryAddress must match with the "uid" field concatenate with @ and your principal domain, all other values must be removed in order to reimport all your data (mail and zimbraMailAlias may remain unchanged). I'm very surprised that zimbra is working properly, especially when you send a mail to that particular accounts.
    I see only one problem, the zimbraMailDeliveryAddress field is classify as immutable by zimbra so you cannot change it with standard zmprov command interface, but you need to use another ldap editor (ldapvi to do it as very linux guy or one of this list), you have to autenticate as "cn=config" user with right password (as zimbra user: zmlocalconfig -s -m nokey zimbra_ldap_password) and you have to modify your source production server, so pay much attention to do this...

We are here to help you
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hi D0s0n,

We erased the duplicated zimbraMailDeliveryAddress on a zextras backup file (account_info) for that specific account, and it was (almost) successfully imported. The value in the zimbraMailDeliveryAddress is also a zimbraMailAlias, so we figured it shouldn't be a problem. The import failed on its third phase, but the account seems to be correctly imported (mailbox, calendar, preferences...). Here's the output of our import:

#################

09-Jul-2012 17:40 - Error: ZeXtras ZxBackup Notification, External Restore failed.

This is an automated notification from ZxBackup about External Restore.

Operation External Restore failed.

Operation Id: 2974e2b9-64dd-4366-af24-f25c65e7b19a
    Operation Host: ---omitted---

- exception -
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBAccount.restoreAccountInfoPo stItems(ZEBAccount.java:773)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEExternalRestoreOperation.doOp eration(ZEExternalRestoreOperation.java:504)
    at com.zextras.op.ZEOperation.exec(ZEOperation.java:5 81)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupThread.execOperation(ZE BackupThread.java:200)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupThread.run(ZEBackupThre ad.java:110)

- debug info -
    -- parameters --
    humanDate = last available
    OpStartTime = 1341866453589
    notificationeMails = ---omitted---
    accountNameList = ---omitted---, ---omitted---, ---omitted---
    backupPath = /root/store2/
    date = null
    domainNameList = ---omitted---
    -- context --
    zContext = com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OperationContext@18c679fe
    numAccountsRestoredPhase3 = 1
    numAccountsRestoredPhase2 = 3
    numAccountsRestoredPhase1 = 3
    numItemsRestored = 64
    extMap = com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupExtMap@1d7ca360
    lastAccountId = 1899f382-b183-420c-9e7d-56969f2f6c52
    currentAccount = ---omitted---
    usedCOSList =
    restoredAdminList = ---omitted---, ---omitted---
    completed = 1
    numTotalAccounts = 3

#################

On this last test, there were 3 accounts. The second account on the list was the only one having this duplicate zimbraMailDeliveryAddress problem, but we modified the account_info for it.
    The log shows that the import works properly on Phase1 and Phase2, and stops working on Phase3 when it reaches the troubled account (numAccountsRestoredPhase3 = 1).
    What exactly are those 3 phases? What are we missing on this failed import? We can't see the difference between the original and the imported accounts...

Hello Egond,

the error you are reporting seems caused by an issue in the parsing of the account_info file. Can you please send me a copy of the manually edited file? I'll check it with the devs to see if it is still formally correct after the edit.
    If you also have a backup of the original account_info file, please send that too.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Hi Cine, I just emailed you the files.
    []s

Hi Egond,

we're checking the files, I'll report ASAP...
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12