[SOLVED] FullScan - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SOLVED] FullScan

Hi D0s0n,
    I've looked into this a bit further and it looks like the bug fix somehow missed something.
    After the final smartScan we did a restore with the 1.4.4_TEST version and I saw that from my emails for the
    final smartScan only the last one was restored.
    Also on other accounts we missed email from the last scan.
    Thanks,
    Perry

If I need to delete all incomplete accounts I'll probably have to delete them all and start all over again.
    We have a data ferry with mail server status of 5:30 pm yesterday, can we do a full restore to an empty Zimbra ?
    Maybe I should try a couple of accounts first to make sure it's working correctly and to check data integrity.
    To start with an empty Zimbra, should I delete everything in /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras ?

Quote Originally Posted by ppdeonet View Post
    If I need to delete all incomplete accounts I'll probably have to delete them all and start all over again.
    ...only for the incomplete ones...
    We have a data ferry with mail server status of 5:30 pm yesterday, can we do a full restore to an empty Zimbra ?
    Maybe I should try a couple of accounts first to make sure it's working correctly and to check data integrity.
    To start with an empty Zimbra, should I delete everything in /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras ?
    Sure, on a new Zimbra enviroment, all map_<OriginServerID> files must be deleted, but with last bugfix this should no longer be a requirement.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Tried to restore a couple of accounts that were incomplete yesterday and on an empty zimbra server the restore gives the same result.
    Mail received and sent between 13.00 and 16:40 yesterday is missing in my inbox and sent
    We did a fullScan and 3 smartScans (before the bugfix) to create the data ferry, so I expect the smartScans have failed partially.

I guess that this issue is also related to the filesystem corruption, because the only way to correct a Smart-Scan problem is just the Full-Scan! In fact a fullScan was designed for this purpose.

D0s0n

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

OK, I'll try a full scan to the data ferry and see if this corrected the issue

I've done 2 full scan now and 2 restores to the destination server, from the second full scan I am missing email messages again.
    What shoul dbe the final message in the logfile to make sure the fullScan completed.
    I now have ZxBackup thread - extensions - Completed

I'm a bit confused since after that I had a message at shutdown which reads:
    ZxBackup thread - Stopped

ZeXtras Developer ZeroZeroOne ZeXtras Reseller
    Participant

I'm a bit confused since after that I had a message at shutdown which reads: ZxBackup thread - Stopped
    Hi,
    that message is printed on the logs only if the operation had a blocking error. If you look at the log, there must be an exception somewhere. If so, can you post it on the forum? Thanks.
    kral

ZeXtras Software Alchemist

checked the log

but no exception in there
    Actually after I saw the notification and the messages completed in the log I shutdown the server.
    When I rebooted I saw the "Stopped"-message in the log.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123