Failure to restore users

Thread: Failure to restore users

Failure to restore users

I have a failure to restore from either command line to from the zimlet.

If I issue the command:
    zxsuite backup doRestoreOnNewAccount user@example.com restored_user@example.com last

I receive an email saying that the action has been successful but all that happens is a new and empty user is created. No emails, calendars or addresses are created.

If I try using the zimlet wizard I get a complete failure. I receive the error message:
    "Account user@example.com was not found on 28/04/2012 22:37:56" (4 weeks before the date that is current).

I am using:
    RHEL6.2
    Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.RHEL6_64_20120410002025 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition.
    Zextras 1.2.9

Hi zogars and welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by zogars View Post
    I have a failure to restore from either command line to from the zimlet.

If I issue the command:
    zxsuite backup doRestoreOnNewAccount user@example.com restored_user@example.com last

I receive an email saying that the action has been successful but all that happens is a new and empty user is created. No emails, calendars or addresses are created.
    Seems that your backup don't have any information about user you are trying to restore, what message did you received at the end of operation?

If I try using the zimlet wizard I get a complete failure. I receive the error message:
    "Account user@example.com was not found on 28/04/2012 22:37:56" (4 weeks before the date that is current).
    Idem... maybe you are trying to restore from an incoplete backup path, when did you have initialized the backup system? Did you have enabled the RealTimeScanner? Did you have scheduled the daily SmartScan?

I am using:
    RHEL6.2
    Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.RHEL6_64_20120410002025 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition.
    Zextras 1.2.9
    More info is needed in order to help you, did you change your retention period? Any error in the notifications tab, or in mailbox.log?

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi zogars and welcome to the forums.

Seems that your backup don't have any information about user you are trying to restore, what message did you received at the end of operation?

Idem... maybe you are trying to restore from an incoplete backup path, when did you have initialized the backup system? Did you have enabled the RealTimeScanner? Did you have scheduled the daily SmartScan?

More info is needed in order to help you, did you change your retention period? Any error in the notifications tab, or in mailbox.log?

D0s0n
    In the zimlet the operation did not start owing to the error.
    On the server I get the error:
    This is an automated notification from ZxBackup about Restore On New Account.

Operation Restore On New Account Completed.

Operation Id: ef079a56-e929-4715-98c9-7ce7211bb3a2
    Operation Host: IANA — Example domains

The account restored_xander2@harkness.se has been restored.
    If experiencing problems with the consistency of its shares, run the 'doFixShares' command of the ZeXtras CLI (`zxsuite help backup` for syntax and more informations) as the zimbra user.

- parameters -
    to: restored_user@example.com
    date: last available
    hide in GAL: false
    additional notification mails:

- stats -
    items restored: 0

The real time scanner is enabled.
    I have the daily smart scan enabled too. In addition I have run a full scan and a fast scan this evening when trying to make it work.

The data retention policy is unchanged from the default at 30 days.

I get some warnings about failure to create aliases and then the following:
    2012-05-29 00:22:22,566 INFO [ZxBackup Thread] [] extensions - Skipping identity: 9a13008c-69b2-476b-84e3-bfc64159b005
    2012-05-29 00:22:22,736 INFO [ZxBackup Thread] [] extensions - Account restored_user4@example.com restored
    2012-05-29 00:22:22,737 INFO [ZxBackup Thread] [] extensions - Account restored_user4@example.com created, restoring items
    2012-05-29 00:22:25,529 WARN [ZxMobile Handler Thread] [tid=4183;] calendar - ORGANIZER missing; clearing ATTENDEEs to avoid confusing clients; UID=5FCFD86B72EA4952B17FFEDFDD271FE300000000000000 000000000000000000, subject=Dagis closed
    2012-05-29 00:22:25,608 WARN [ZxMobile Handler Thread] [tid=4183;] calendar - Encountered time zone with no definition: TZID=GMT/+01.00
    2012-05-29 00:22:25,608 WARN [ZxMobile Handler Thread] [tid=4183;] calendar - Encountered time zone with no definition: TZID=GMT/+01.00
    2012-05-29 00:22:26,330 WARN [ZxMobile Handler Thread] [tid=4184;] calendar - ORGANIZER missing; clearing ATTENDEEs to avoid confusing clients; UID=5FCFD86B72EA4952B17FFEDFDD271FE300000000000000 000000000000000000, subject=Dagis closed

The only reason to have an empty restored account is choosing an instant when the account was empty... so if you have an empty account and you restore a new account with last available istant, you get a new empty account.

Have you tried the undelete restore mode?

I have tried the restore on a number of accounts all with lots of data in and they have all either failed completely through the WUI or just created a new account with the CLI.

Restoring using the zimlet using undelete works and creates a sub-mailbox as expected. Though of course this only restores emails, nothing else on the account.

It is now working. Unfortunately I changed a couple of things at the same time.

I changed the retention time from 30 to 20 days.

I disabled and re-enabled the real-time scanner.

I used a different restore name user4@example.com rather than restored_user4@example.com.

I have tried the restore on a number of accounts all with lots of data in and they have all either failed completely through the WUI or just created a new account with the CLI.
    The only error you reported from the UI is related to the date, if you restore from a date before the backup initialization you get the "not found" error. The restore on new wizard procedure suggests you a date depending on your retention period without check if any data exist in backup folder for that account, so I re-ask you: when did you have initialized the backup system? (if you are in trial mode you cannot had initialized your system 4 week ago, the trial mode is valid for exactly 30 days).

About the cli command, did you tried to restore in another instant, an istant before any cancellation from accounts?

Restoring using the zimlet using undelete works and creates a sub-mailbox as expected. Though of course this only restores emails, nothing else on the account.
    To view other item types you need to check all zimbra tab, for example, to view an event you need to enable the Calendar subfolder in Calendar web view.

It is now working. Unfortunately I changed a couple of things at the same time.

I changed the retention time from 30 to 20 days.
    This can be useful to set a default restore date 20 day ago, maybe when the data existed in backup folder.

I disabled and re-enabled the real-time scanner.

I used a different restore name user4@example.com rather than restored_user4@example.com.
    These detail are realy ininfluents, unless you have some memory problem. Check your logs for a "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"