7.2.6_UBUNTU10NE -> 8.8.10_UBUNTU16NE upgrade path
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By larcara

Thread: 7.2.6_UBUNTU10NE -> 8.8.10_UBUNTU16NE upgrade path

Active Member ZeXtras Reseller

7.2.6_UBUNTU10NE -> 8.8.10_UBUNTU16NE upgrade path

Hi.
    I'm planning a migration from the ancient 7.2.6 to 8.8.10 on an obviously upgraded OS. I'm going to use Zextras migration tool 🙏🏻, but I noticed form the compatibility list I have to use different Zextras version for the two.

First: are backups produced with legacy versions compatible with current release?

Second question: if I got the compatiblity list above right, the current version of Zextras is not installable on Zimbra NE. In this configuration I suppose the best way is to install 8.8.10 OSE, migrate all the stuff and then reinstall 8.8.10 NE. The other option would be to migrate to 8.7.11 and follow with an 8.8 upgrade, but this is more dangerous imho.

Are my assumptions right?
    thanks

P.S. I don't understand what's the meaning of the first column in the compatibility list table. What is Zextras Suite Build in Zimbra versions?

Zextras employee Known ZeXtras Reseller
    Participant

Hi maxxer.

Quote Originally Posted by maxxer View Post
    First: are backups produced with legacy versions compatible with current release?
    Yes. Backup produced by legacy version can be imported using the current release, regardless of the version used (current Zextras Suite, Legacy or Zextras Migration Tool). I suggest using the full Zextras Suite, maybe with the trial license, in order to have a better control over the backup process.

Quote Originally Posted by maxxer View Post
    Second question: if I got the compatiblity list above right, the current version of Zextras is not installable on Zimbra NE. In this configuration I suppose the best way is to install 8.8.10 OSE, migrate all the stuff and then reinstall 8.8.10 NE. The other option would be to migrate to 8.7.11 and follow with an 8.8 upgrade, but this is more dangerous imho.
    Are my assumptions right?
    Nope, just it got easier. The current release of Zextras could not be installed on top Zimbra 8.8 NE because it already included NG Modules (powered by Zextras), that are based on the same code.
    So, you can import the backup produced by Zextras Suite directly using the NG Backup module provided in the Zimbra NE

Have a nice day,
    Luca,
    The ZeXtras Team
    maxxer likes this.
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Active Member ZeXtras Reseller
    Hi Luca,
    thank you very much for the feedback!!