migrating zimbra archiving and discovery accounts

Thread: migrating zimbra archiving and discovery accounts

migrating zimbra archiving and discovery accounts

The network edition of zimbra supports a feature we use called zimbra archiving and discover (ZAD) - outlined at https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/ZAD.

I have a NE server running ubuntu 12.04 and zimbra 8.6.0 (with zextras legacy suite installed) that I was hoping to migrate to ubuntu 16.04 and 8.8.8 without a lot of downtime, but I'm running into problems and I think they may be ZAD related.

If I try the import wizard on 8.8.8 it shows the domains but won't show any accounts despite my knowing they are in the source backup. Not sure if 8.8.8 import is totally broken or just broken because the source accounts have ZAD?

If I try the import wizard on 8.8.7 is shows the domains and will let me pick the accounts from domain.com - but unfortunately not the domain.com.archive accounts.

Does the export/import stuff not currently support ZAD currently? I really like it otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by MolallaComm View Post
    The network edition of zimbra supports a feature we use called zimbra archiving and discover (ZAD) - outlined at https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/ZAD.

I have a NE server running ubuntu 12.04 and zimbra 8.6.0 (with zextras legacy suite installed) that I was hoping to migrate to ubuntu 16.04 and 8.8.8 without a lot of downtime, but I'm running into problems and I think they may be ZAD related.

If I try the import wizard on 8.8.8 it shows the domains but won't show any accounts despite my knowing they are in the source backup. Not sure if 8.8.8 import is totally broken or just broken because the source accounts have ZAD?

If I try the import wizard on 8.8.7 is shows the domains and will let me pick the accounts from domain.com - but unfortunately not the domain.com.archive accounts.

Does the export/import stuff not currently support ZAD currently? I really like it otherwise!

Hi MolallaComm,

Did you solve this problem ? We are currently testing the zxBackup and Zimbra AD accounts.

Thanks for you reply.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Toky View Post
    Hi MolallaComm,

Did you solve this problem ? We are currently testing the zxBackup and Zimbra AD accounts.

Thanks for you reply.
    Regards
    Yes - the .archive accounts show up if when doing the import, you uncheck "Do not restore system accounts".