Reuse Backup after migration?

Thread: Reuse Backup after migration?

Reuse Backup after migration?

Hi,

We are planning a migration to a new server. We currently have our Zextras Backup located on an NFS share, and will use it as the source while we complete an Incremental Migration.

What I would like to know is if it is possible to use our current backup as the backup target for the new server after the migration is complete? It would be nice if Zextras Backup would just pick up where the old server left off. But maybe we have to start fresh and initialize a new backup?

One of the reasons I would like to reuse the old backup is that I don't have enough space to have two copies of the backup on the NFS share, and I don't want to delete my old backup until I know I have a new backup.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions about whether this is possible.
    Brad

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Brad!

Due to the changes involved in the migration, it's not possible to use the old backup path on the new server as the backup target - backup paths, in fact, are locked after initialization to the specific server ID those were initialized on.

My suggestion is to move the old backup to a provisional location after the migration before initializing the backup on the new server, and delete it once the initialization is completed...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the Zextras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Thanks Cine!

I had a feeling it probably wasn't possible, but thought I'd ask. I always appreciate how helpful you are!
    Have a great day!