Empty restored folder randomly on multiple user account !!

Thread: Empty restored folder randomly on multiple user account !!

Empty restored folder randomly on multiple user account !!

Hi, my zimbra server cashed one week ago , i 've restored my virtual (vmware) machine dating form 12/20/2016 and i ' ve launch restoration off all the domains.
    But it's appear that some restored folder are empty ?? no message inside. i've try some console command to search message but it was unsuccessful...
    I try also to update zetra suite ..
    i try to find in the backuped file of zextra if this message exists, but it's hard to says yes or no ...

Have somebody the same problem ?
    Is there a way to restore correctly these empty folder ?

Zimbra 8.0.5 / zextra 1.81.12

after investigation zextra 2.2.4

Thank

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Adpsa Multimedia,
    welcome to the forums!

Did you follow the steps described in the "VMs and Snapshots" section of the Disaster Recovery guide on our Wiki? If not, could you please exactly describe the kind of crash that happened and what you did afterwards?
    Also, feel free to open a Support Request at ZeXtras Support Portal and attach your Restore Logs (or provide a link to those if the total compressed size exceeds 7mb)...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

We are following the steps described in the "VMs and Snapshots" section of the Disaster Recovery guide on our Wiki, without success to change the problem.

The zimbra server its on virutal machine. We didnt see the raid of physical machine failed, and one day (we suppose more than 1 disks crash), so the server crash.
    We have try to restore raid with a lot of command but nothing work.
    So we have start an old virtual machine (clone:4/6 months ago).
    Then we have try to restore backups with ZExtra Suite. The end log of operations reported no errors or skipped items. But at the end, some items are missing and some folder empty.

Do you have an other ideas ?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Adpsa Multimedia!

To further investigate your case I'd need some more information: could you please compress your restore logs and open a support request at ZeXtras Support Portal reporting as many information as possible about your infrastructure and what happened to it and including the logs (or a link to those should the size be greater of 7MB)?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team