Zip backup, limitations

Thread: Zip backup, limitations

Zip backup, limitations

Hello,

I zip all my backups and send them to another server (not recommended, I know) but I wanted to restore a backup to a dev server just to test things out so here is what I did.

1. Copied a zip backup to the server

2. Unziped to backup and moved the zextras directory to /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras2

3. Changed permissions of the zextras2 folder to zimbra (chown)

Ran the import in Zextras, it finds all the domains and accounts BUT I get the following error:
    "The operation couldn't be completed because you are trying to import data exported more than 30 days ago."

Do I have to have 2 valid licenses just to test if it's working?

Hi Novastream,

you can find an answer to the same question in another recent post: http://forums.zextras.com/zxbackup/1...l-version.html.

Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi Novastream,

you can find an answer to the same question in another recent post: http://forums.zextras.com/zxbackup/1...l-version.html.

Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    Thanks for your help, I think I got it working atleast.

There was alot of emails qued on my dev server but I noticed that my dev server was sending all the emails to my live server so now I have over 2500 emails in my admin inbox.

Is there any way to restore everything in a "sandbox" enviroment. Just want to prepare myself if anything happends and I need to do a dissaster recovery in a live enviroment.

I also noticed, everytime the dev server got the message "The operation couldn't be completed because you are trying to import data exported more than 30 days ago" it was sent to the admin address on my live server.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Novastream!

ZeXtras Suite uses the server's own mailsystem to deliver notification messages, so in case of a sandbox testing environment I'd suggest you to install a local DNS forwarder like DNSMasq and set it up so that the A and MX records of your domain will be resolved by the test server as itself: you can find a small guide written by me HERE.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery