Moving Servers / Migrating - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Moving Servers / Migrating

Dear Cine

The migration is still completing I have a larger server 400gb it was 300gb but the disc space is showing 86% so I am going to run low quick, can I remove everything in the back/zextras folder to make room whilst it is still restoring the backup?

Many Thanks

Nosher

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Nosher!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosher View Post
    can I remove everything in the back/zextras folder to make room whilst it is still restoring the backup?
    It depends on what's in that folder... If it's the destination server's backup path then no, as the mapfiles needed for the migration are stored there, but you can stop the RealTime Scanner to avoid using up further space and make sure that redo logs are properly removed once rotated...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi Cine, no the the rsync was placed here: rsync -avH /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/ root@myipaddress:/opt/zimbra/backup/fdm

I had stopped the realtime scanner a couple of days ago along with the daily scan? what is the best way of making room, worried about running out of space?

Nosher

Hello!

Just to confirm, the server that's running out of space is the destination one, correct?

If so, your current options are:
    - Create a new Primary Volume, set it to Current and compressed (this will compress new items, neglectible impact on import performances)
    - Create a new Secondary Volume, set it as compressed and run a doMoveBlobs (this will greatly decrease the import performances)
    - Stop the import, run an item deduplication and re-start the import
    - Compress or delete old logs
    - Check your RedoLogs as mentioned before
    - If ZeXtras Backup was initialized before starting the migration, you can safely delete the "items" directory within the backup path (if you do this you'll need to re-initialize ZeXtras Backup on a new path afterwards).

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Dear Cine & Zextras

I just wanted to take the time and say thank you so much for the support that you have given us regarding our migration, we are new to "Linux" Zimbra & Zextras and what a fantastic product you offer & support.

The backup took around 5 days to completely migrate but the users where still able to work and carry on whilst the migration took place.

Seriously this product is awesome and just works, I have been an Microsoft Exchange engineer for around 10 years, and never, have I used a platform that just works first time!! Awesome

I'm sure I will be asking loads off silly questions moving forward, but seriously thanks Cine

Nosher
    d0s0n likes this.

Hello Nosher,

I'm really glad our software and staff could be helpful!
    Also, silly questions don't exist so feel free to ask anything

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12