ZxBackup Compression

Thread: ZxBackup Compression

ZxBackup Compression

Is compression and deduplication already enabled by default on ZxBackup? My backup is about 30 gigs bigger than our Zimbra mailbox. I have compression set on the main Zimbra mailbox, I wasn't sure if I needed to do that on the Zxbackup location or not.

Thank you for your help.

Zextras makes Zimbra worthwhile.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello dslauter!

Yes, ZeXtras Backup automatically compresses and deduplicates all of its data... The size difference between the sum of the volumes and the backup path is mainly influenced by your retention rules and by whether the Zimbra volumes are compessed or not - may I ask what's your "Data Retention Policies" setting (found in the "Core" section of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet)?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

My data retention is set to zero, so infinite. I just wanted to make sure that it was compressed and deduplicated automatically. I think I will be using a NFS mount to our NAS as it has more space. Does ZxBackup have any issue with backing up to a NFS mount?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello dslauter!

No problems at all with NFS shares, as long as the basic requirements apply (mountpoint and case-sensitive filesystem). The only issue with NFS might be on the performance side, so make sure to run some tests before moving your backup path there....

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team