zxbackup initialization aborted

Thread: zxbackup initialization aborted

zxbackup initialization aborted

Hi, I'm trying to use zxbackup to migrate from an older installation of Zimbra 7.1.4 32 bit to a newer installation of 8.5 64 bit. It's taking an absolute eternity, possibly partially because the old machine is, well... old and slow.

I'm also hoping to copy the first backup over and then do an incremental to update the changes in order to minimize downtime, based on the recommendation here -- http://forums.zextras.com/zextras-mi...t.html#post113 -- with just replacing the words "live full scan" with "smart scan", so hopefully that will accomplish what I'm trying to do.

At any rate, I figured I'd just let the initialization run on the old machine for as long as it takes. Who cares anyway how long it takes if I can do an incremental update later. But it took past midnight, and we have a script that runs at midnight and shuts down the zimbra services, takes an LVM snapshot, brings the zimbra services back up, and copies off the LVM snapshot to a backup location. But that killed the initialization. So I restarted a smart scan this morning when I realized that. However, this means that I'm running a smart scan when the original initialization never completed successfully. Is this a problem? Do I need to start over? If so, how do I start over, just delete everything in the zxbackup output folder?

Thanks!

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello bjquinn!

First of all, let me remind you that ZeXtras Suite is not yet compatible with Zimbra 8.5: please have a look at the official announcement for more information about this topic.

Thus said, you won't need to start over as the SmartScan will simply update any changes in the data saved by the first run and add the rest

Have a nice day,
    Cine

p.s.: You are using a very old thread as a reference, and since the time that thread was written a proper Incremental Migration guide has been added to the wiki, I suggest you to have a look at it aswell...
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello bjquinn!

First of all, let me remind you that ZeXtras Suite is not yet compatible with Zimbra 8.5: please have a look at the official announcement for more information about this topic.

Thus said, you won't need to start over as the SmartScan will simply update any changes in the data saved by the first run and add the rest

Have a nice day,
    Cine

p.s.: You are using a very old thread as a reference, and since the time that thread was written a proper Incremental Migration guide has been added to the wiki, I suggest you to have a look at it aswell...
    Thanks! So is zextras 1.9 almost out? In the thread you referenced, you suggested it would be out in 10 days, and that was 9 days ago. I'd be happy to use the beta for my situation because I'm simply doing a migration. I'll do some checks and test the restore on the 8.5 server before putting it up. If there are any issues or lots of obvious items that didn't get restored, I'll simply figure out a different way to migrate it.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjquinn View Post
    Thanks! So is zextras 1.9 almost out? In the thread you referenced, you suggested it would be out in 10 days, and that was 9 days ago. I'd be happy to use the beta for my situation because I'm simply doing a migration. I'll do some checks and test the restore on the 8.5 server before putting it up. If there are any issues or lots of obvious items that didn't get restored, I'll simply figure out a different way to migrate it.
    Hello bjquinn!

ZeXtras Suite 1.9.0 will be released soon: we are currently preparing an Alpha build and, if everything goes according to our plans, the GA version will be released tomorrow/next monday.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello bjquinn!

ZeXtras Suite 1.9.0 will be released soon: we are currently preparing an Alpha build and, if everything goes according to our plans, the GA version will be released tomorrow/next monday.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Excellent. I'll cross my fingers for tomorrow, as I'd like to at least attempt my migration over the weekend.

Anyway, thanks for the input!!