Topping up after Migration Problem, Please help!

Thread: Topping up after Migration Problem, Please help!

Exclamation Topping up after Migration Problem, Please help!

Heya Zextras!,

Can I just start by saying you have saved my life this week and if I can just figure this one out you will have yourself another long time paying customer.

I have finished a successful migration from:
    Release 7.1.3_GA_3346.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition, Patch 7.1.3_P1.

to:
    Release 7.1.3_GA_3346.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition.

The live switch has been delayed by 2 days, since then new mail has arrived and my migration is no longer up to date.

If I do another migration I will loose the account modifications I have made to the new server and have to start again.

Question:
    Is there a way in any of your tools or methods known in zimbra to import only new mail from a 2 day period and nothing else?

I have tried the zimbra import/export function but the time period does not function on the old server and it exports the whole account (upwards of 20GB of mail) and I can not accept this within the given time frame. Especially as I only need about 5 e-mails from each account.

Very much look forward to hearing from you! And thank you in advance for your help!
    Kazii.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hey Kazil, welcome to the forums!

"Selective" import is actually a planned feature (and your post will push it a little up on our dev's schedule), but it is not yet implemented.

In my opinion your best shot is to use the REST api to export only the emails arrived in the last 2 days and re-import this email in the accounts on the new server.

The export command is the following (run as Zimbra user):

Code:
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com getRestURL “//inbox.zip?query="after:11/20/11” > /tmp/user@domain.com.zip
    (change the date according to your needs - mind that it must be specified in the same format used by your account)

Transfer the files to the new server and import the files with:
    Code:
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com postRestURL “//?fmt=zip&resolve=skip” /tmp/user@domain.com.tgz
    The 'resolve=skip' option tells Zimbra not to import duplicated items, just to be sure that no duplicates are created.

I suggest you to try and manually do this procedure on 1 or 2 accounts to check if everything is ok and then create a script to import all mailboxes (zmprov -l gaa to get a list of all the accounts on the server, then process this list with awk).

Try and see if this solution fits to your case, then if you see it's good I can help you with the scripting part if you need..

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Last edited by Cine; 11-22-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Grammar horrors. I mean, errors :)