WARNING Backup Module: Unable to load dirty list, corrupted?

Thread: WARNING Backup Module: Unable to load dirty list, corrupted?

We have a multi-server installation running CentOS 6 x86_64 on 17 Zimbra servers of which 9 are mailbox servers.
    We run Zimbra 8.0.4 OSE and ZeXtras 1.8.17.

When I run zxsuite on a mailboxd server, I sporadically get a warning message (usually the first time I invoke zxsuite after a few hours)..
    After that, all zxsuite commands execute without the warning..
    Code:
    [zimbra@zm-mbox-06 ~]$ zxsuite chat getserverstatus

server_status                                       stopped

[zimbra@zm-mbox-06 ~]$ zxsuite backup getservices

services                                
                module                                  
                    could_start                                                 false
                    could_stop                                                  true
                    running                                                     true
                backup-redolog                          
                purge-cron                              
                smartscan-cron                          
    Should I worry?

Jay
    Code Master ZeXtras Employee
    Backup dirty list is an internal mechanism to keep track of accounts which aren't fully synchronizated with zimbra after an "empty folder".
    No need to worry, it's useful only if you do an "empty folder" operation and do a backup undelete operation without a smart scan in the middle.

That said, try to check permissions of file backup_path/dirtyList, if the file is owned by zimbra, if it is then the file is probably corrupted: there may be several causes, the most likely are a zimbra crash or unexcepted server reboot.

You can safely remove the file, on the next smart scan everything will be fully synchronizated again.

Regards,

Jay
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras Suite Developers

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    That said, try to check permissions of file backup_path/dirtyList, if the file is owned by zimbra, if it is then the file is probably corrupted: there may be several causes, the most likely are a zimbra crash or unexcepted server reboot.

You can safely remove the file, on the next smart scan everything will be fully synchronizated again.
    The file had zero filesize, but in other mailbox servers it did not..
    I removed the file and will wait until the next smartscan operation..

Thanks Jay.