Same signature for all users

Thread: Same signature for all users

Same signature for all users

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Anand!

I get it now... Unfortunately to achieve this you'd need to develop a dedicated Zimlet, which is a task that cannot be explained with a step by step guide (also, I'm all but a developer so I can't be of much help ).

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have one more query... How can i update signature in zimbra web Browser when somebody update signature in central location automatically.

Hello Cine,

Please reply for my above query..

Thanks,

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Anand!

I moved this request to a dedicated thread as it was not related to the one you posted in.

I don't have a script or a step-by-step guide to set a default signature for all user, but I'll be more than glad to give you some pointers!

First of all, you'd have to create the signature. To do so, you can use the "createSignature (csig)" zmmailbox command. To create a signature called "mySignature" the command is
    Code:
    zmprov csig account@domain.com "mySignature" zimbraPrefMailSignatureHTML "This is the Content of my Signature<br /> It's an <b>HTML signature!</b>"
    (change zimbraPrefMailSignatureHTML to zimbraPrefMailSignature for a plain text signature)

Next, you might want to set this new signature as the default signature for the default persona of the user:
    Code:
    zmprov modifyIdentity account@domain.com DEFAULT zimbraPrefDefaultSignatureId "mySignature" zimbraPrefForwardReplySignatureId "mySignature"
    Finally, if you wish to change the signature you can use the "modifySignature" zmprov command using the same syntax than the "createSignature" command:
    Code:
    zmprov msig account@domain.com "mySignature" zimbraPrefMailSignatureHTML "This is the <i>NEW</i>Content of my Signature<br /> It's an <b>HTML signature!</b>"

With this few commands you can create a script that cycles through your users (or through a specific list) creating the new signature reading the content from a file and setting it as the default sig, plus another script to run when you need to change the signature.
    I won't give you a complete script because there are too many variables to consider, and only you know your server, users and needs enough to successfully do this...

Hope this helps!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hello

Hi Cine,

Thanks for your reply...

i wanted to know how i can set any event on click of "Send" button of the composed Mail Window of Zimbra.

i am not able to find any option so far as i wanted to add new event on that Send Button of existing Mail Window.

Please suggest any idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Anand!

I moved this request to a dedicated thread as it was not related to the one you posted in.

I don't have a script or a step-by-step guide to set a default signature for all user, but I'll be more than glad to give you some pointers!

First of all, you'd have to create the signature. To do so, you can use the "createSignature (csig)" zmmailbox command. To create a signature called "mySignature" the command is
    Code:
    zmprov csig account@domain.com "mySignature" zimbraPrefMailSignatureHTML "This is the Content of my Signature<br /> It's an <b>HTML signature!</b>"
    (change zimbraPrefMailSignatureHTML to zimbraPrefMailSignature for a plain text signature)

Next, you might want to set this new signature as the default signature for the default persona of the user:
    Code:
    zmprov modifyIdentity account@domain.com DEFAULT zimbraPrefDefaultSignatureId "mySignature" zimbraPrefForwardReplySignatureId "mySignature"
    Finally, if you wish to change the signature you can use the "modifySignature" zmprov command using the same syntax than the "createSignature" command:
    Code:
    zmprov msig account@domain.com "mySignature" zimbraPrefMailSignatureHTML "This is the <i>NEW</i>Content of my Signature<br /> It's an <b>HTML signature!</b>"

With this few commands you can create a script that cycles through your users (or through a specific list) creating the new signature reading the content from a file and setting it as the default sig, plus another script to run when you need to change the signature.
    I won't give you a complete script because there are too many variables to consider, and only you know your server, users and needs enough to successfully do this...

Hope this helps!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
    Hi Cine,

Thanks for your reply...

i wanted to know how i can set any event on click of "Send" button of the composed Mail Window of Zimbra.

i am not able to find any option so far as i wanted to add new event on that Send Button of existing Mail Window.

Ok, now I get it... Unfortunately there is no built-in option to change the behaviour of the "Send" button, either a custom Zimlet or some tampering with the Zimbra code (obviously in the ways and methods allowed by the Zimbra Public License) is needed...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
    Hi Cine,

Thanks for your reply...

Hi Cine,

Just wanted to ask you for above mention solution for setting the signature of user.. Your soltuion will increase the load of server and will result in performance degradation of server, as for running the above commands for large number of user on the server will decrease the server performance...

So can you please kindly suggest any alternate solution.

thanks,
    Anand