Enforcing match between the FROM address (reject authenticated sender login mismatch

Thread: Enforcing match between the FROM address (reject authenticated sender login mismatch

Enforcing match between the FROM address (reject authenticated sender login mismatch

Dear Cine,

I am doing testing on zimbra open source 8.0.3 . If a user's password is compromised, the Server default setup allows the user to relay emails using a different email address than the one uses to authenticate with smtp i.e (reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch). i want to reject those mails.

I have refer bellow link

Enforcing a match between the FROM address and the sasl username - Zimbra :: Wiki

Kindly give me steps.

Thanks,
    shashikant sutar

Dear Cine,

As i mention link i have testing however its not working for me. As i applied settings user can not send mail local domain as well as other domain.

Thanks,
    shashikant sutar

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Shashikant!

I've never actually applied the settings you mentioned but I checked the guide you linked and it looks correct, can you see any specific error in the logs after applying the changes? Remember that you can use the `postmap -q` command to query any postfix map and verify its correctness.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Dear Cine,

I have checked log it is not blocking FROM address. i wan to do To Confirm An Auth User Can't Send With Another FROM Address.
    however it not working mail is sent FROM any address with auth.
    so I can block An Auth User Can't Send With Another FROM Address..

Thanks,
    shashikant sutar

Dear cine,

some typo mistake ............
    so I can not block An Auth User Can't Send With Another FROM Address..

Thanks,
    shashikant

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello shashikant!

I checked the official VMWare KB and found this article: VMware KB: Enforcing a match between the FROM Address and sasl_username in Zimbra Collaboration Server
    It looks very similar to the Wiki page you posted but might be worth a check (it's official VMWare documentation).

I'm not practical of this specific setting, so any other user with some experience to share is welcomed to do so!

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Follow: Zimbra 8 Restrict Posfix Senders?

Its working for me, using Zimbra 8.03

eg:

zimbra1 postfix/smtpd[29431]: B28914D5978: client=xxxxx.server.com[w.x.y.z], sasl_method=LOGIN, sasl_username=user
    zimbra1 postfix/cleanup[5522]: B28914D5978: message-id=<20090420154255.B28914D5978@zimbraserver.com>
    zimbra1 postfix/qmgr[20690]: B28914D5978: from=<spam@spam.com>, size=6026, nrcpt=10 (queue active)
    zimbra1 postfix/cleanup[3983]: 2BA56465D28: message-id=<20090420154255.B28914D5978@zimbraserver.com>