Zimbra per domain restriction with multiple userlist - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimbra per domain restriction with multiple userlist

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Ashgar,
    welcome to the forums!

I merged the thread you opened with the one in which "Domain restriction" have been discussed...

The steps described should be valid on Zimbra 5 too, as Recipient Restrictions have been a Postfix feature since a very long time.

I strongly suggest, however, to update your Zimbra server to at least the latest release of version 6, as Zimbra 5.x is very old (your version was released more than 5 years ago) and several features and security fixes has been added over time.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Cine thanks for writing. I'll follow all the instructions that you have mention in previous thread. secondly i know its hard to migrate from 5.x to 6.x but you are expert in this . i want you to share instructions regarding how to migrate from 5.x to 6.x

your help will be highly appreciated. if you want me to make a new post for how to migrate please update me.

Regards,
    Asghar Durrani

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Ashgar,
    unfortunately it's been a long time since I last did a migration without using our superspecialawesome products so I'm a bit rusty on the matter

First of all, if your Zimbra is running in a virtual environment, make a clone of the VM and use it for your tests, this will spare you to dive into a production server upgrade straight away.

What I suggest to do is to upgrade your current install to 6.0.10. From there you can either use ZeXtras Migration Tool/ZeXtras Suite to migrate to higher major versions or simply upgrade again to 6.0.16 (there have been some LDAP changes between 6.0.10 and 6.0.16 so I personally won't upgrade straight to 6.0.16)...

Each new version comes with documentation on how to upgrade - you can usually find it in the release document. Follow this instructions to the letter and your upgrade will be a breeze...
    If you encounter any issue during the upgrade process feel free to open a dedicated thread, we'll be glad to help!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

I am new, here and also new zimbra mail server user. I have configured a Ubuntu 18.04 server and zimbra 8.8.15, from following blog "https://imanudin.net/2019/10/03/how-to-install-zimbra-on-ubuntu-18-04/" It's working as expected. But, we need to block some users to send email on other all domain, they should send to only @mydomain.com to @mydomain.com. and some users can send all the domain.
    I have tried following "https://imanudin.net/2014/10/13/restricting-users-to-send-mails-to-certain-domains-on-zimbra-8-5/" also lots of the google search but, it is blocking for all users all the domain . i'm trying from last 4-5 days. also i do not find /opt/zimbra/postfix "POSTFIX directory", also when i am running "postmap /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/restricted_senders" command then it will asking me to install postfix, after install postfix, it's asking for zimbra sudo password every time when i restart any services. can any one help me ? I need full step by step help. Please Guys.. if it is not done my boss will be fire me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-30-2014, 12:18 AM
  2. 07-08-2013, 10:11 AM