Zimbra per domain restriction with multiple userlist - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimbra per domain restriction with multiple userlist

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Ashgar,
    welcome to the forums!

I merged the thread you opened with the one in which "Domain restriction" have been discussed...

The steps described should be valid on Zimbra 5 too, as Recipient Restrictions have been a Postfix feature since a very long time.

I strongly suggest, however, to update your Zimbra server to at least the latest release of version 6, as Zimbra 5.x is very old (your version was released more than 5 years ago) and several features and security fixes has been added over time.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Cine thanks for writing. I'll follow all the instructions that you have mention in previous thread. secondly i know its hard to migrate from 5.x to 6.x but you are expert in this . i want you to share instructions regarding how to migrate from 5.x to 6.x

your help will be highly appreciated. if you want me to make a new post for how to migrate please update me.

Regards,
    Asghar Durrani

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Ashgar,
    unfortunately it's been a long time since I last did a migration without using our superspecialawesome products so I'm a bit rusty on the matter

First of all, if your Zimbra is running in a virtual environment, make a clone of the VM and use it for your tests, this will spare you to dive into a production server upgrade straight away.

What I suggest to do is to upgrade your current install to 6.0.10. From there you can either use ZeXtras Migration Tool/ZeXtras Suite to migrate to higher major versions or simply upgrade again to 6.0.16 (there have been some LDAP changes between 6.0.10 and 6.0.16 so I personally won't upgrade straight to 6.0.16)...

Each new version comes with documentation on how to upgrade - you can usually find it in the release document. Follow this instructions to the letter and your upgrade will be a breeze...
    If you encounter any issue during the upgrade process feel free to open a dedicated thread, we'll be glad to help!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-29-2014, 11:18 PM
  2. 07-08-2013, 09:11 AM