Problems with server rename

Thread: Problems with server rename

Problems with server rename

As the official Zimbra forum is dying I thought I would post here.
    I have a server that I upgraded from 8.8.12 to latest 8.8.15. I brought Zextras from 2.6.1 to the latest.

The upgrade went fine without any errors but the proxyservice came up as 'stopped'.
    After shutting down all services and trying to restart I received the message:

Starting proxy...nginx: [emerg] host not found /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx/includes/nginx.conf.web:27 failed

Looking in that file I saw a lot of references to a servername that is no longer in use. The server was renamed
    quite some time ago.

I added the old servername back into /etc/hosts and the proxy service was then able to achieve a running state.

A little more digging revealed the following:

[zimbra@servername libexec]$ zmprov gacf | grep oldservername.domain.com
    zimbraReverseProxyAvailableLookupTargets: oldservername.domain.com
    zimbraReverseProxyUpstreamLoginServers: oldservername.domain.com
    zimbraVersionCheckNotificationEmail: user@oldservername.domain.com
    zimbraVersionCheckNotificationEmailFrom: user@oldservername.domain.com

[zimbra@servername libexec]$ zmprov gacf | grep servername.domain.com
    zimbraAmavisQuarantineAccount: virus-quarantine@servername.domain.com
    zimbraDefaultDomainName: servername.domain.com
    zimbraLogHostname: servername.domain.com
    zimbraSpamIsNotSpamAccount: ham@servername.domain.com
    zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount: spam@servername.domain.com

[zimbra@servername libexec]$ zmprov gs 'servername.domain.com' | grep oldservername.domain.com
    zimbraReverseProxyAvailableLookupTargets: oldservername.domain.com
    zimbraReverseProxyUpstreamLoginServers: oldservername.domain.com

Note two affected services are ReverseProxy and VersionCheckEmail.
    Is anyone here familiar with correcting such issues?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tgxperience View Post
    As the official Zimbra forum is dying I thought I would post here
    Sometime you don't get an answer because people might assume you'd try changing those attributes individually or even try changing the server name again to the 'new' name and see if that fixes it. In any case, your question is about ZCS and I'd guess it's not suitable for these forums as it's not a Zextras problem/question.
    Regards

Bill

tgx
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Sometime you don't get an answer because people might assume you'd try changing those attributes individually or even try changing the server name again to the 'new' name and see if that fixes it. In any case, your question is about ZCS and I'd guess it's not suitable for these forums as it's not a Zextras problem/question.
    Thank you for your reply Bill, however, there have been over 100 views of my post on the Zimbra forum with nary an inquiry into my current status. As you know Synacor makes no effort to assist and actively seeks to destroy the community and open source version. As such there has been significant brain drain in that forum. I know as a paying customer that Zextras support often extends beyond their core service as it directly affects the satisfaction of their client base with Zimbra. I have received outstanding support from Zextras but a rather dismal experience with Zimbra, like you having suffered through multiple owners. Zimbra lost the opportunity to have me as a paying customer multiple times over. I would have no problem paying for a Zimbra server forked and maintained by Zextras. But enough soapbox, my problem still remains if anyone wishes to assist. Thanks.