Migration Zimbra 6.0.8 to 8.0.6 the problem is big file - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Migration Zimbra 6.0.8 to 8.0.6 the problem is big file

Hello @Cine,

Thanks for your kind reply, it is ok; the truth is that we have already completed the migration. But as I said earlier, we would like to learn the proper (fast & secure) way of migration for future works.

But it took a lot more than %30-40 as the final size of the folder at target server is almost 1 TB which is approx. 300% of dest. I wonder the reason behind this huge difference. How much a data can increase during the export-import process if the realtime scanner is disabled.

We followed exactly same steps in your video tutorials on YouTube. If there are some other things to do before migrations, I would like to learn the process step-by-step if it possible.

Thanks in advance.
    All the best,
    -Talha

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello talha06!

You can find many useful info about migrations in the ZeXtras Wiki, e.g. this, and the "Incremental Migration" guide contains a lot of good tips that apply for one-shot migrations aswell...

About the disk occupation I suspect the cause to be RedoLogs and item duplication: there's a dedicated RedoLog info page on the ZeXtras Wiki (the page mentions Zimbra NE, but the same info apply to OSE aswell), while duplication can be taken care of with the command mentioned in post #8.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Active Member ZeXtras Reseller
    Hi Cine,

Sorry for reply to this thread instead of create a new thread.

I have a similar problem while trying to migrate using Zextras Migration Tools. I've 2 experience where destination data more-more bigger than the original server.

Case #1 :
    Original : Zimbra OSE 8.0.3
    /opt/zimbra size : 500 GB

Destination : Zimbra OSE 8.5.1
    /opt/zimbra size : 1.1 TB

Case #2 :
    Original : Zimbra OSE 8.0.7
    /opt/zimbra size : 100 GB
    zextras export directory size : 44 GB

Destination : Zimbra NE 8.6.0
    /opt/zimbra size : 400 GB (and it's still counting, import aren't finished yet)

All destination system using virtual machine with thin provisioning on virtual disk. The bigger directory on destination server are on /opt/zimbra/store/0 directory.

Is this possible to run dedup command while system online/running?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello vavai!

As for all ZeXtras Backup and ZeXtras Powerstore operations, the "doDeduplicate" command must be ran when Zimbra is running...
    Mind that running both a deduplication and an External Restore at the same time will have a noticeable impact on I/O performances.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    The ZeXtras Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12