limitation zextras suite?

Thread: limitation zextras suite?

limitation zextras suite?

Good afternoon,

If I use the ZeXtras Migration Tool to migrate my zimbra 6.0.16_GA_2998 20,120,404,131,711 20120404-1321 FOSS to Zimbra 8.0.6, I can use the zextras_suite-1.8.13 to restore a mailbox without limitation, domains, etc ... for 30 days.

Or is there any limitation?

Hi,

As far as my experience with this tool goes, the 30 days trial version is fully functional (and awesome by the way )

Regards,
    Sebas

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello efcunha!

As Sebas correctly said, the ZeXtras Suite Trial is fully featured, so you will be able to try all product features for 30 days!

The only limitation for Trial Versions is on the ZeXtras Backup "External Restore" feature: trial versions can't import any data exported more than 30 days before the import date, meaning that if you need to migrate your server the data you export from the source server will have to be imported within 30 days.

This limitation is lifted as soon as a valid license (including the ZeXtras Backup module, of course) is uploaded to the server.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi there !

i'm joining this thread as i have a question related to it...

We'd like to test the incremental migration with two zxbackup on our servers, is it possible to do it in trial mode ?
    The main goal is to do an incremental export for the last step of the migration, correct me if 'm wrong but it seems to be impossible with zxmig, all data we'll be exported each time ?

Regards,

Julien Faure

Quote Originally Posted by aries4 View Post
    Hi there !

i'm joining this thread as i have a question related to it...

We'd like to test the incremental migration with two zxbackup on our servers, is it possible to do it in trial mode ?
    The main goal is to do an incremental export for the last step of the migration, correct me if 'm wrong but it seems to be impossible with zxmig, all data we'll be exported each time ?

Regards,

Julien Faure
    Hello Julien,
    welcome to the forums!

As I said, the ZeXtras Suite Trial is fully featured, so you will be able to run an Incremental Migration just as you would do on a licensed infrastructure

As you correctly said, using ZeXtras Suite (and precisely the RealTimeScanner and Full/Smartscan features of the ZxBackup module) is required to perform such kind of migrations as the ZeXtras Migration Tool doesn't allow for incremental exports.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thanks for the quick answer !

So if i understand correctly we can use two trial licences, one for each server ?

Regards,

Julien Faure

Quote Originally Posted by aries4 View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer !

So if i understand correctly we can use two trial licences, one for each server ?

Regards,

Julien Faure
    Exactly!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thanks for the answer and this promising tool !

Regards,

Julien Faure