Migration, Unable to connect to ZeXtras Server System
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Migration, Unable to connect to ZeXtras Server System

Migration, Unable to connect to ZeXtras Server System

I installed the migration tool core without any errors. The zimlet initially had an error where it just exits out, that was resolved by running zmfixperms. However when I go to the admin console I get the error "Unable to connect to ZeXtras Server System". I can see the zxextras_zxmig in the admin extensions. It shows that it is enabled, but I am don't see it in the main menu on the admin console.

I am running zimbra 8.0.1 on debian 6

This is the error on in mailbox.log

lient - GC33 (Linux);] SoapEngine - cannot dispatch request
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: unknown document: zextras
    ExceptionId:qtp1195776041-551:https://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:7071/service...c4caf05ea11006
    Code:service.UNKNOWN_DOCUMENT

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello dslauter,
    welcome to the forums!

It looks like the ZeXtras Core is not properly initialized, could you please restart the mailboxd service and send the mailbox.log file to community@zextras.com so that I can have a look at the startup process?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hello Dslauter!

I've received your email, and I confirm that the cause of the issue is the one you presumed: due to the failed 8.0.2 upgrade there is a "Core Version Mismatch":

Code:
    2014-03-16 20:27:32,323 ERROR [main] [] extensions - Unable to load ZeXtras: ZeXtras build target and installed zimbra version mismatch! (build target: 8.0.2 installed zimbra: 8.0.1)
    Manually copying the appropriate core (packages/8.0.1/zextras.jar) from the installer folder to /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zextras/ MIGHT make ZeXtras Suite available and functional, but this kind of issue means that the server is not in an optimal state and thus the behaviour of the sofware might be unpredictable.

I strongly suggest to fix your infrastructure to make sure that everything works smoothly, and then run the installer again.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

I have the tool up and functioning now, thank you very much Cine. I appreciate your help. I will respond whether or not the migration worked.

Quote Originally Posted by dslauter View Post
    I have the tool up and functioning now, thank you very much Cine. I appreciate your help.
    You're welcome!

I will respond whether or not the migration worked.
    Please do, and don't forget to ask any info you might need here on the forums!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

The export worked perfectly, Now I am curious of one thing. If i run the export again will it only update the last export or will it overwrite everything?

The migration was a success, however I ended up doing the incremental migration using the Zxbackup solution. However I am getting lots of duplicate emails. Will the ZxPowerstore deduplicate those?

The migration was a success, however I ended up doing the incremental migration using the Zxbackup solution. However I am getting lots of duplicate emails. Will the ZxPowerstore deduplicate those?
    Hello dslauter!

ZeXtras Powerstore's deduplication acts at volume level by detecting duplicated BLOB files and creating hardlinks to a single copy of the same BLOB file deleting all the additional ones, and it won't affect duplicated items in the ZWC.

Migration informations are kept by mapfiles located in the destination server's backup path (named "map_[source serverID]"), could you please check that the mapfiles are existing and that file permissions are correctly set?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

These are the map files on the new server from its backup:
    -rw-r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 0 Mar 21 10:35 lock_38666466-37c3-4b17-9360-a7a0ad77f5e1
    -rw-r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 17476 Mar 23 22:18 map_330dc4ca-ae6c-4456-ad77-3f2a2d669b5a
    -rw-r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 20206 Mar 23 16:23 map_38666466-37c3-4b17-9360-a7a0ad77f5e1

These are the map files on the old servers export that was imported to the new server:
    -rw-r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 0 Mar 18 23:27 lock_330dc4ca-ae6c-4456-ad77-3f2a2d669b5a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast